• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hunting down rare/old/much needed books...

I've recently started doing some research and I've come accross quite a few old and out of print and simply rare or unfindable books that I need. Some I've been able to find after a lot of searching and a site called usedbooksearch.com. However, a few of the books I have no one of hunting down. Any suggestions for good book search website or perhaps people who could find those books for me? Most of them are french.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Hermione,
I was wondering what books are you looking for? And what sites have you tried already? HAve you tried Abebooks. Also have you looked on some of the online auction houses I have found quite a few old and out of date books on them.
I'm not sure I've been much help. Good luck!

Amazon and of course, eBay.

Amazon often has quite good prices on used books.

On eBay, you can set up a search and save it. For 6 months they will send you an email when your search turns up a result. Don't do this for common items or you will be inundated with emails.

I usually go to a high quality used bookstore. If they dont have it i can usually ask the guy working there and then he will try to get it for me. Its worked good for me so far.

Have you tried looking at French websites? You could try the French eBay as you said most of the books are in French. It will cost more to post them to you, but you may be more likely to find them.

Back