• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hyperlinking: How to do it

SFG75

I've noticed with the site changes, that the ability to hyperlink has now disappeared. Is there a way to hyperlink?? Some URLs are just too unseemly.

I'm not having any trouble here. I use the WYSIWYG option for editing (I think). The button is there. Try changing your editing options.

I've just been checking it out. You can still hyperlink with the buttons but you must do it manually using the VBulletin codes.

For example, if you want to hyperlink http://www.bookandreader.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

If you don't want the entire url to show and want it to be called simply "Codes", then you must insert it manually, like this (without the spaces) :

[ url=http://www.bookandreader.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode]Codes[/url ] and it will come out like this: Codes

The easiest way is to copy the hyperlink first, then paste it into the coding after ""; insert the descriptor; and close the code with "[/url ]"

Hope this helped. Or is that clear as mud? :D

ell

mehastings said:
What You See Is What You Get :D

LOL-You and that 'leet speak.:p I'm a membe of a few boards where you can't hyperlink. You just let the entire URL spill out all over the place. It's really unsightly and just looks horrible within written text IMHO. ;) :D

I have found that it does depend on what internet browser you are using. For example my Safari browser doesn't allow me to insert hyperlinks, unless I do it manually, but my Firefox browser does allow me to insert hyperlinks using the hyperlink button.:eek: :confused:

Anyone else having a problem doing this after the update? I highlighted a text I wanted to hyperlink, inserted the URL when the "link" pop up appeared, and......nothing. I swear I know how to do this......

Thanks Brent, somehow it's working. I utilize a macbook pro and it can be touchy sometimes. All Good. :)

Back