• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I am searching for a book ...

Sleepy

.. which had been made into a tv movie sometime in the 90's.
However, here's the plot:

A sadistic killer catches young, beautiful women, kills them and poses them at different places, sitting and looking like a antique doll.
While the investigation is running the investigation woman Audrey Macleah discovers that he poses them like dolls taken from a book of older, precious dolls.

The killer finds his victims on a flea market where he sells the dolls. While talking to his victims he's secretlty taking pictures of them. He's collecting dolls as well.

I know I've read this book maybe 10 years ago but I can't remember the name or the author. Has anybody an idea which book it could be ?

The movie itself's called "When the bough brakes II : Perfect Prey".
There's a book named "When the bough brakes" by Jonathan Kellermann but it has nothing to do with the movie plot.

i would go to imdb.com, look up the the movie and see who is credited with writing it. if it's based on a book then the credit will go to the original author and also the screenwriter and typically it specifies which is which. i would imagine that it'll make it a lot easier to find once you know the author.

I did a little Google-ing and found two films/books with the character Audrey Macleah: one is "Perfect Prey" and the other is "When the Bough Breaks".
I don't know if any of these are the book you want but I think the Perfect Prey one sounds like what you described.

Back