• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I don't get it

Wabbit

Was clicking on the Google ADs. I clicked on the "get something back" link and it sent me to a site called NovelX. At first, it sounded good and I joined the site, but then after investigating found it to be rubbish!

I just DO NOT get it. They want you to send your old paper back books, for each one, they give you 50p. So... I pay for the packet and shipping which would cost me at least £1.50 and they give me 50p for it??? RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Then I thought, ok they have a lot of cheap books here. They even have FREE books here!!! Maybe that's good! So, put a few "free" books into my basket. The p&p is a hefty £1.99 for EACH book!!!! OK, its still cheap but not exactly a deal. If I buy the non-free book then its a full price novel. Why not just go Amazon or similar????

*shakes head*

Regards
SillyWabbit

Haven't visited the site, but the little ad for it up in the corner says you freepost your books to them, so it shouldn't be costing you £1.50 to get it there.

Hmmmmm

That's kinda a lie :)

As I said, I joined. The bit where it says "Freepost a used paperback to us & we will give you its full value." This only applies to the FIRST book you send. It is a special offer. Something they they do very well to hide.

Once you join the norm is NOT full value for a book and no mention of any freepost service at all.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Let's face it - they're dicks.

Cheers, Martin
Grin.gif

Back