• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I don't usually like these....

ParadoxicalRae

I don't usually read mysteries, but a couple of months back one caught my eye when I was looking around the local library boredly. It's called Bimbos of the Death Sun and it was a very funny book about a man going to a sci-fi convention for his book (Bimbos of the Death Sun) and a murder takes place. I guess I really liked it because of all the geekiness that took place, and since I went to ComicCon and really liked it. Anyway, here's a synopsis of it that I got off of Barnes & Noble.com:

"For one fateful weekend, the annual science fiction and fantasy convention, Rubicon, has all but taken over a usually ordinary hotel. Now the halls are alive with Trekkies, tech nerds, and fantasy gamers in their Viking finery *all of them eager to hail their hero, bestselling fantasy author Appin Dungannon: a diminutive despot whose towering ego more than compensates for his 5' 1" height . . . and whose gleeful disdain for his fawning fans is legendary.

Hurling insults and furniture with equal abandon, the terrible, tiny author proceeds to alienate ersatz aliens and make-believe warriors at warp speed. But somewhere between the costume contest and the exhibition Dungeons & Dragons game, Dungannon gets done in. While die-hard fans of Dungannon's seemingly endless sword-and-sorcery series wonder how they'll go on and hucksters wonder how much they can get for the dead man's autograph, a hapless cop wonders, Who would want to kill Appin Dungannon? But the real question, as the harried convention organizers know, is Who wouldn't ?"

If anyone's read this and wants to discuss it, or knows of other mysteries like it, I'd love to hear from you!

Finished it just now. It was ok, kind of an entertaining no-brainer which gets probably better by the degree that you are immersed into the geeky fandom that is portrayed in the book.

Back