• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I know a book is good when......

nick452

I say:"that cow!" when someone does something bad to the main character what about you?(don't want anyone to think i'm a potty mouth)

When I don't want to leave the characters behind. That's what makes good sequels so satisfying.

When I look up and the time has flown away.

When I find myself smiling at the page.

When I have to find some poor soul to ramble to about how amazing this book is, what is in it, what has happened, and everything in between :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
When I find myself smiling at the page.

I completely understand.I have to take a 2-hour train ride every week and always take a good book with me to fend of the boredom.Lots of times i find myself smiling even laughing outloud at the page,i also find myself getting strange looks from my fellow commuters and a widening circle around me.

lol Yes!

Also, if it is really good I might mumble to myself! I might say something like, "this is great," or "what a wonderful line." It has to be REALLY special for the mumbling tho. :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

I either laugh out loud, or, if I find a quote that I like, I usually say "Oooh, that's good." The other night, I started The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents while in the bathtub and I kept giggling. Our floors are quite thin, so I hate to think what our neighbors were thinking...especially if they realized my husband was out of town. :eek:

lol

Especially if you kept finding great lines and gonig, "ooooh that's good." lol

Regards
SillyWabbit

PS: Chewie, have you read Good Omens? If not, I think you will love it :)

I have read Good Omens, and I did indeed enjoy it. I loved the four horsemen, they greatly amused me. I prefer just straight Pratchett, though. He might be a Douglas Adams rip-off, but he's still funny.

He is funny :) I read the first one when it came out. I read every book after that up until the 15th ish one. Now he is not so funny for me. Same characters, same jokes and set in the same places. I just wish he would do something different :mad: If he ever writes something other than discworld, I will be first in line to buy :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

I know it is a good book when the whole world disappears and I am totally immersed in the book. My husband could be standing right next to me asking a question and I would never know it, because I've become a part of the book.

Also, if I want to read it again, or draw out the time it takes me to read it, so that I can savour it, I know it is a good book.

Back