• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I like this novel

smoothface

I read The last Remnants of slavery by Dr.Stovall, the other day. It was a very mind boggling, simple, and entertaining novel. I want to know how you guys feel about the novel. If anyone else has read the novel, tell me how much you enjoy it.

if you reply to me, i can give a link to where the summary is

It's not a novel. Did a search for it and it's definitely non-fictiion.

I'm interested, smoothface. I haven't read it, but some of the statistics in it are fairly mind blowing, I understand.

http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=7750&139154308-22003aaa said:
The mission or purpose, Dr. Stovall, endeavors to transmit in this book, "The Last Remnants of Slavery: An African American Dilemma", is support for an intervention that will start a Cultural Revolution for change, to end the last chapter to a chaotic dysfunctional process in the lives of African Americans. There are many historical correct and factual representations about slavery, but until now, there have been no examination of slavery's impact on African Americans. This book is a must read that deals with the Last Remnants from the past that is still influencing the economic, social and political values in African American communities. The processes of the remnants discouraged Africans and subsequent African Americans from any organized effort at providing for their communities' economic, social and political representation that would have allowed self-sufficiency after emancipation and proclamation in 1865.

The Africans' unbeknown to themselves became guardians of the poverty paradigm and past it to their future generations' not just poverty as a lifestyle, but the socialization process that has ensured its perpetuation. The effects of the Last Remnants' tactics have grown roots in the lifestyle of the African American families and communities. The outcome of the Last Remnants is evident by the crime reports, which suggest that 90% of the incarcerated population is made-up of African American's youth between the age of 18 to 38 and 70% are substance abuse related offenses.

Is there any reviews (in popular text) that disagree with the Stovall's information?

Back