• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I need help finding some GREAT Fantasy Authors

direstraits said:
Totally agree with Ell on Guy Gavriel Kay. Might not have the sort of action you'd *probably* typically find on an AD&D book, but great stories and characters you'll love.

Check out George RR Martin's Song Ice and Fire series.

ds

Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay is one of the very finest novels I have read, of any genre. His characters are so well developed you really care what happens to them.
And, it is a standalone novel! A dying breed unfortunately...

trudi cavana
-the magicians guild
-the novice
-the high lord

Melanie Rawn is good with her dragon prince series and the captal series

raymond fiest is another one and he's got a load of books

I agree with most of the authors posted here -

Raymond E Fiest
Terry Brooks
Trudi Canavan
Robin Hobb
R A Salvatore

Don't think I saw Robert Jordan posted his Wheel of Time series is an epic adventure.Which includes intrigue,politics,magic,battles,demons,darkness and light. If you start it stick with it as books eight and nine are a bit slow but as a series it is well worth it.

Glen Cook (The Black Company)
Joel Rosenberg (The Guardians of the Flame)
Mickey Zucker Riechert (Renshai series)
Ray Feist (Magician)
David Eddings
The Thieves World series.

from what I hear, George R.R. Martin is very good. (it's on my ever-growing 'to read' list)

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
Yah, I've heard some good stuff on George RR Martin myself. Maybe I'll check him out.
Try Fevre Dream by him, its set on a steamboat in America. Excellent book if you like to read about vampires.
And as someone mentioned before Guy Gavriel Kay, his series The Fionavar Tapestry and Tigana that has magic in them, if thats your thing.

Back