• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I would never have guessed in a million years....!!

angel64

Have you ever read a book where the ending was unguessable, where you had absolutely no idea until the very end how everything was going to work out? I'd love to hear it.... :)

I hardly ever guess what's going to happen, I'm useless like that! A couple of months ago I read my first Harlen Coben book, "No Second Chance" and was really surprised when the culprit was un-masked. Everyone else probably had it guessed by halfway through! :)

Yes, and the most memorable one caught me so off guard that I actually lost interest in the series! Robert Jordon's Wheel of Time series, book seven (I believe), Lord of Chaos. After reading 700+ pages to have it end like it did just took the wind out of my sails. I tried reading the next book, but my heart just wasn't in it and I've not been able to pick up another in that series yet.

Yes, I just read one like that. The ending took me by such surprise that I actually gasped. :eek: But then, I'm probably slow. Others might have guessed it straight away. The book was Beneath the Morven Moon. And, yes, it's an electronic book - hey, expand your horizons, people, read them!! :D

The other book was one of Lackey's. And, like Tigress, it took the wind outta my sails and I haven't read another one of hers since. It was the Magic's Promise/Pride/Price series.

The Wasp Factory. It was the first Banks book I read, and I hadn't learnt not to trust him yet. I'm warier now.

{Tigress} said:
Yes, and the most memorable one caught me so off guard that I actually lost interest in the series! Robert Jordon's Wheel of Time series, book seven (I believe), Lord of Chaos. After reading 700+ pages to have it end like it did just took the wind out of my sails. I tried reading the next book, but my heart just wasn't in it and I've not been able to pick up another in that series yet.

Just keep going...I've read them all (so far), 10. It's my understanding that there will be 12 total. With the way they stand now, I'm not sure how he can be finished in 12 books.

Tig, would you mind explaning why you were so caught off guard (in spoiler-boxes, of course.).

Cheers, Martin

Back