• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If you could be a character...

Richard Rahl

I'm new to these forums so i apologize if this is a repeat thread. Anyway, if you could be a character from a book who would you be? Also what world would you choose for that character to live in? Or, what attributes do you wish you could have from your character but still be yourself (i.e. being John Johnson but having the ability to fly like superman and do magic like Harry Potter.) And finally, if you could live next door to a character and be his friend, who would be the best friend of a character? I apologixe again if this is a duplicate thread.

Richard Rahl said:
...if you could be a character from a book who would you be? Also what world would you choose for that character to live in?...
I'd be Lessa from Pern, and I'd definitely live on Pern.

...what attributes do you wish you could have from your character but still be yourself (i.e. being John Johnson but having the ability to fly like superman and do magic like Harry Potter.)
I wouldn't mind being a bit more assertive, though perhaps not as much so as Lessa.

...if you could live next door to a character and be his friend, who would be the best friend of a character?
I would love to live next to Carrot and/or Angua from Discworld. Both seem like cool people (or person and werewolf).

Richard Rahl said:
Anyway, if you could be a character from a book who would you be?

Possibly Moiraine from the WoT. I personally think she's still alive.

Also what world would you choose for that character to live in?

The one she's in.

Or, what attributes do you wish you could have from your character but still be yourself

Her outward calm. Her power. ;)

if you could live next door to a character and be his friend, who would be the best friend of a character?

Miriam, from Miriam's Journals. A very kind woman.

kewl, what does WoT stand for?

anywho, heres my answer:

i would be belgarath the sorcerer and live in the world of the sword of truth novels. if i could id have the attributes of patience and wisdom and intelligence that Richard Rahl has, not to say im short on intelligence! id probably like to live next to the young merlin, from TA Barron's books because... i dunno- i like him!

WoT stands for Wheel of Time: an outstanding fantasy series (in my humble opinion). If you've not read it, I highly recommend it. You may want to keep track of characters as you go though. It can get a little confusing now that he's up to book 10 (or is it 11?)

o, wheel of time! yeah, i started to read that, but personally i found it got a bit boring at dragon reborn... but that was a while ago so i might pick it up again and see what i think, but i loved the first one!

There is a character in "The History of Mr. Polly" by H.G. Wells, who I believe is never called anything other than "the plump woman." This book is very near to my heart. So I would choose The Plump Woman, for in the end, she got to live in a lovely cottage in a lovely place with Mr. Polly. That would be very nice indeed.

Irene Wilde

Anyway, if you could be a character from a book who would you be?.
This is really a hard one. Often, it's one of the characters of whatever book I'm reading. Plus, I really quite enjoy being me. :)

Also what world would you choose for that character to live in? .
Any world that has magical elements, but aren't being destroyed by them.

Or, what attributes do you wish you could have from your character but still be yourself
I would like to have some of the "mind-gifts" of the Valdemar series. Mindspeech, Foresight, Animal Mindspeech, Fetching, etc.

And finally, if you could live next door to a character and be his friend, who would be the best friend of a character?
Elizabeth Bennet, or Jane Eyre

WoT Rocks!

If I could be a character I would be one of the Aiel in WoT, in the WoT world and I would leave them how they are.

Sapper41 said:
WoT Rocks!

If I could be a character I would be one of the Aiel in WoT, in the WoT world and I would leave them how they are.

Sapper, do you think Moiraine is still alive out there somewhere?

I think shes alive. Im on book 5 or 6 cant remember and actually haven't read any WoT for a while... :( but yes I think shes alive, most likely went to one of the alternate world/demension things.

i haven't ever come across a character that i WANTED to be, but i've come across characters i felt respect and a "kinship" to. claire from the Outlander series always struck me as someone i would aspire to be. she is the type of strong female character in an action setting that actually uses her brain and instinct instead of cowering behind her man. she always helped anyone in any capacity she could, even when it put her life in danger. and she made mistakes. she could heal, too. i would like to be able to heal.

i like the world she lived in - various locations in the 1700s. i've always wondered what it would have been like to live long ago, when things weren't as easy as they are now. and when she goes to north america, when it was only beginning to be settled. what an adventure!

i'll think a bit about a next door neighbour, my brain hasn't woken up yet.

Boy, those are some tough questions.
If I had to be a character out of a book, I suppose being Nero Wolfe would be the easiest choice. He never gets any older, is wonderfully bright, reclusive, eats only the best food, and makes gobs of money. Or his sidekick, Archie Goodwin, who is also quite popular with the ladies.
But, I also have a great affinity for Axel Heyst, who appears in Joseph Conrad's Victory (the rub there being that things don't turn out to well for him).

wow! i never knew my first thread would be this succesful. not only has it had some great answers, but its given some book ideas- though i now ask that next to the character you include the book title too, that way people may want to pursue why you like this character so much! thank you!

Back