• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Illustrated Children's Book! Wonderful but unknown!

corneggs

I keep on dreaming about/remembering this book I read that was akin to "Swan Lake" or "The Seven Swans" or something about swans. It was beautifully illustrated and the part I keep on dreaming about is a page where there is the picture of a ballroom by a lakeside. The ballroom is lit up golden and outside the lake is dark.

In fact, if I recall even the story is like Swan Lake. But who is the author & illustrator of this children's book?! If anyone can find it thank you very much.

Could this be a Susan Jeffers book? She's done some beautiful retellings of fairy tales and I think she did the one about the seven swans. Her work has a dreamy feel. My favorite is Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening.

Maybe it is...but I can't seem to find any images or even book covers of it (Amazon really isn't working with me right now). Do you know if you can provide a link so I can see the book cover or thereabouts? Thanks.

Back