• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm a newbie!

leckert

I want to apologize for not having done this sooner...

I didn't realize there was an "Introduction Forum". I have been running around, willie-nillie, critiqueing (sp?) and posting and conversating and just having a grand time without even a proper introduction.

For shame.

I am, as you know, leckert. You can call me Larry if you like.

I was born the first half of a set of twins to (as my profile says) a Seaman and a Farmer's daughter in Central Ohio. Dad immediately moved us to Arizona/California and temporarily got out of the Navy.

After a couple of years of living off of the good graces of others while waiting for my Dad to get a job, Mom, decided to pack her two toddlers onto a Greyhound Bus and go back to Ohio.

We lived in Ohio until my twin and I were 12. My parents remarried, and we moved to Charleston, SC, then to Norfolk, VA, then back to SC.

I joined the Marine Corps out of high school and spent four years in Quantico, after 6 months of schooling at Camp Pendleton, CA.

Two wives, and children, later, I am back in Northern VA, after a 10-year stint in SC, where I work for a Defense Contractor pushing papers and dreaming of my life as a writer.

I guess that is more than anyone could ever possibly want to know about me, so I will shut up now!

We've already met leckert, but I can't resist it when I can get both the Delaware-dudes posts in a row...how many forums does that happen?

Any way....welcome...

Welcome leckert!
I read your "story", kind of makes one sad.
Anyways hope you like it here.

Hi leckert - don't worry about not introducing yourself. I did exactly the same thing when I first registered! Welcome to the forum and enjoy yourself!

Thanks, SSword :D

I don't know, Moto, seems like you two follow each other around quite a bit! I've seen ya'll posting together on several threads! (kind of cute, you two!)

Thanks, Maya. I appreciate your reading my "story" (don't understand the quotes, though, I thought it really was a story! :)) I am glad it made you feel sad. I have done my job! Would love to read your critique, if you feel so inclined!

Howdy, Kookamoor! thanks for the pass on my introduction timing. I am certainly enjoying myself so far. There seem to be a lot of people here with whom I think I will enjoy many a lively discussion. I am diggin' it!

Write On All!

"thanks for the pass on my introduction timing"

I have yet to introduce myself....do yuo think it's too late???

And, all us Delaware TBF guys are cute...strikingly handsome would probably be a better description right SS?

I think you should let Acolyte introduce you!

That might be interesting!

When I get home, I'm going to squirt Noxema directly into my eyeballs and try to scrub from my retinas the image of you and SS (unfortunate initials) skipping hand-in-hand through the pages of these forums...

Would you like to post first?
Oh, no no no... you post first.
Oh, no. I insist. You first...

:))

leckert said:
When I get home, I'm going to squirt Noxema directly into my eyeballs and try to scrub from my retinas the image of you and SS (unfortunate initials) skipping hand-in-hand through the pages of these forums...

No need for that...just look at our post counts...you'll see that I am much more the forum terrorist, and therefore much more the bastard child than he.

Beware the thread that starts with my name..... :eek:

I am enjoying the diverse and interesting personalities I have encountered so far, and I have learned quite a bit in the last few days already!

Thanks for your welcome!

Back