• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm here at last

Nosferatu Man

Hi, I just wanted to quickly introduce myself.

I've been reading basically all my life, but I realised the other day that I haven't actually read as many books as I should have. My favourite story is The Lord of the Rings, and I've been looking in the Fantasy section of the forum for recommendations.

Well, that's all. I'll probably speak to some of you soon in the main forum.

Take it easy.

Ooo Manchester. Another one within stalking distance. Excellent. I was getting bored of the others.

:mad: I AM NOT FROM MANCHESTER :mad: Don't talk such filth! More of that rubbish and I'll be forced to start a tirade against your awful football team and such.

Thanks Ice. Sorry Freya - I misunderstood. Which Football team do you mean though? I've heared there are two in Manchester. I'm not a football fan though. Load of balls I reckon. If your tirade is aimed towards football in general then I'll happily join you! Hey, by-the-way... I was just looking at that Pamela Anderson thread a minute ago, and your signature on it says, ''It's art. It's not meant to make sense.' - Sky, Neighbours.' She said that today didn't she? Haha. Nice one for being a Neighbours fan anyway.

Haha, well I signed up a couple of days ago and got my 'activation e-mail', so I clicked on the link provided and ended up on an almost blank page, with a link to the forum in the top-left corner. So I thought I'd activated my thing properly but when I tried to subscribe to threads it said I wasn't allowed to. So today I had received another e-mail from our 'Head Masters' with the same activation-code-link, so I clicked it again, and the same thing appeared (the blank screen). So I then decided to actually copy and paste the link into the address bar and I was delivered to a different page that was infact the correct activation page. And here I am now. Nice to meet you Mr. Wabbit! I think you've actually inadvertently recommended a load of Fantasy books for me to read. I've got them on my Wish List on Amazon now.

Nosferatu Man said:
Thanks Ice. Sorry Freya - I misunderstood. Which Football team do you mean though? I've heared there are two in Manchester. I'm not a football fan though. Load of balls I reckon. If your tirade is aimed towards football in general then I'll happily join you! Hey, by-the-way... I was just looking at that Pamela Anderson thread a minute ago, and your signature on it says, ''It's art. It's not meant to make sense.' - Sky, Neighbours.' She said that today didn't she? Haha. Nice one for being a Neighbours fan anyway.

Well, doesn't everyone hate Man United apart from a few people in Manchester and then a zillion people who've never even been? I've nowt against Man City. Apart from their strip is ugly :(

Um yes, well spotted with the sig - I take most of my daily inspiration from Neighbours.

Cheers guys. I don't mind United or City really - I'm not a massive fan of either though because I'm not into football. I quite like City's strip though. I like the colour! I prefer it to United's.

Anyway, I started reading The L-Shaped Room yesterday and it's pretty good. My mum recommended it to me saying it's one of her favourite books. I'm just wondering whether you guys have read it and what you think of it.

Thanks RainbowGurl. Yeah, I like your name too :D. My name is actually the name of a song by my favourite band, Slint. You should check them out if you like rock music. Nosferatu Man is probably my favourite song of theirs. I can play it on the gee-tar aswell, just out of interest.

Oh, I like your signature aswell by-the-way. It's nice.

Thanks Water Crystal. They're giving hands. I like the idea of being a giving person. I don't know if anyone will admit I am though. I'm probably not a giving person after all though. I don't know... :cool:

Back