• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

'I'm searching for a title...'

Freya

Is there any chance of one sticky where people can post the description of the book they're looking for all under one thread? Seems there are quite a few 'HELP! Searching for a titles...'

there its something to notice, other than the regular users, most people asking for book titles are users who join to ask 1 or 2 especific questions, and never comeback, and its unlikely they notice about an sticky, (remember that kid asking for troy in several areas of the forums), a mod would have to move this threads to the sticky, and usually this users wont comeback after a couple of days, so i wonder if it would be worth it.

Yeh I thought that too, Mr Michael :confused:

Mayhap, if it had its own little section, like the Harry Potter section, it might get more attention. Plus, mods could shunt any stray threads to the appropriate one.

Freya said:
Is there any chance of one sticky where people can post the description of the book they're looking for all under one thread? Seems there are quite a few 'HELP! Searching for a titles...'

Like your idea, Freya. :)

I'm with mr. Michel - when a person quickly creates an account, in order to post a question regarding a book, he or she will not go round looking for a thread that might or might not be around here somewhere.

Cheers

That's very true. It's too bad, but if they're desperate for homework help or to find a book, most people just don't care about finding out the rules. I know this is a sweeping generalization, but in most cases, if they're too lazy to do a search on the internet for their book, they won't bother to read the rules here either.

A separate section is the best bet, then any errant posts can be moved into it. Give them lazy mods something to do. ;)

Maybe within that section there could be a sticky recommending book sleuth on Abe Books. They have a dedicated section for finding books, and we're not usually that great at it. :eek:

Again, most people won't bother reading it, but the few that will might actually find their book.

i guess a little sub area called "FIND THE TITLE OF THE BOOK YOU ARE LOOKING HERE" would be ok, i mean regulars can post there, and probably some of the one time posters might notice it, and then mods could move or delete whatever was posted elsewhere.

on another matter, can we banish dilton, err i mean harry potter from the forums? can we, can we, plz :D

Litany said:
Maybe within that section there could be a sticky recommending book sleuth on Abe Books. They have a dedicated section for finding books, and we're not usually that great at it. :eek:

Excellent link - many thanks - have just found two series I have been looking for :D

Back