• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

In March We Read...

steffee

Sorry for the delay, I have been working on this for two weeks. :eek:

In March, 23 members of the forum read 164 books; 155 unique titles, by 122 different authors.

Popular reads in March were:
  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
  • Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
  • Cell by Stephen King
  • Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
  • The Pearl by John Steinbeck

Popular authors (not including authors whose only works read this month are featured above) were:
John Steinbeck (7 reads), J K Rowling (5), Isaac Asimov (4), Michael Crichton (4), Wilkie Collins (3), Clive Cussler (3), Roddy Doyle (3), William Faulker (3), Kazuo Ishiguro (3), Karen Rose, Margaret Atwood, Janet Evanovich, Zane Grey, John Irving, Milan Kundera, William Nicholson, Terry Pratchett, Darren Shan, Lemony Snicket.

The oldest published book was Candide: Or Optimism by Voltaire which was published in 1950, and the mean date of publish was 1997. 57% of the 164 books read by TBF members this month were published post-2000. According to librarything.com, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is the most popular book read this month, followed by the remaining Harry Potter titles, and then Homer's The Odyssey and Good Omens by Neil Gaiman. Titles that other librarything users were less likely to have include Tribute to Freud by H.D, the works of Zane Grey, Les Testaments trahis by Milan Kundera, and A Sweet Scent of Death by Guillermo Arriaga.

See the Author Cloud.

These statistics were only for those members that entered their full reading lists for the month of March. There were 45 further books mentioned by 25 further TBF members, but as these were incomplete I omitted them from the main lists. Of these 45, popular authors included Dan Brown (and indeed, Deception Point makes it into the list of popular titles in March), Fyodor Dostoyevsky and David Gemmel.

Well yeah, we all know there's at least 450 reads for Nabokov though, so he has to be excluded. ;)

Thanks for the info Steffee; that sounds like a lot of work. Do you have to troll through the posts manually?

Thanks for doing all that work Steffee. March was a difficult month to analyse. It is appreciated.:)

It is certainly interesting information.

steffee said:
Thanks Bren and Balmy. :)

Yes I do, do you?

Can you see anyone through a monitor? Heck, I thought I was something else for knowing everything that happens in a nearby hallway.:rolleyes: ;)

SFG75 said:
Can you see anyone through a monitor? Heck, I thought I was something else for knowing everything that happens in a nearby hallway.:rolleyes: ;)
You've completely lost me, SFG. :confused:

Back