• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Inactivity

Hi Sparkchaser: Thanks for responding - have never seen that V l l signature after your posts before (or is that just an example) and have just now realized that I don't have to put my forum name at the end of my posts. However, having said that are you saying that folks could get ticked off just by the way the posts are signed and would cease posting on the forum?
Like your Android phone - looks like it could do anything except provide your lunch. As a request, it would be helpful to me when people say which book they have just finished if the genre could be identified. If I don't recognize the author then the genre would assist me - I like to keep a list of books so that I can look for them at the library but if it's something like horror or fantasy then I wouldn't be interested. I notice one of the last posts by Shadforth did have a one sentence synopsis of the book content and that's great. Maybe I should make this request on a separate thread? :)

Momac, the ||V was just pointing to my signature.

My sig is in the attached image and circled in red.

My phone is great. Having Google translate and bus schedules immediately available has been invaluable. Plus Angry Birds Rio is pretty fun.

I'd like to see a one or two sentence blurb in the recently finished thread too but there's no way to enforce it. I'd also like to see more reviews but, again, there is no way to force people to write reviews. Maybe if you start asking people what the book is about then eventually they will get the hint and start posting 1-3 sentence blurbs.
mysig.png

Got it Sparkchaser - wondered what those little sayings at the end of your posts were all about but figured everyone but me knew so didn't ask. So why is that your signature, do those sayings have a particular meaning for you, or is that too personal a question? What is the Rio Bird app on your Android? We don't have any of the toys except for a cell phone which is used infrequently - was bought last year when I went to Vancouver so that I could be reached easily and I could call home without searching for a phone. Now it's used when hubby goes to the library and has questions about any of my requests or if he spots something he thinks I would like to read (he's good about doing the library runs, I go sometimes but get fed up when I can't get down to see what's on the bottom shelf without going on hands and knees.) They really should have rolling shelves but that is probably too expensive - or else put one shelf higher and leave the floor one empty but then nobody asked me. Will watch for the new reads and if I don't recognize the author will ask for some details from the poster. Thanks for keeping me in the loop. momac :D

Hello drdin: Am a fairly new member of this forum and retired for 10 years so am not too familiar with a lot of the new technology and terms which appear in the posts and do not understand what it is that you are meaning, signatures do not interfere with the message as much as the text of the message. I also do not have an e-book and am not familiar with mobileread. I would be grateful if you could explain your post (if you don't mind) in simpler terms for me. Just the other day someone was talking about an Android phone and I looked that one up on the Internet - interesting times we live in. Thanks - momac :confused:

I just saw your message. Welcome to the forum. You got some answers from the moderator (glad to see this help) like android phone.
As you know signatures are at the end below line that gives you some idea about the poster. About interfere: Since these are not part of the message, these don't interfere with reading the content. Mobilereads is just another forums like this one--bookandreader.

I hope it was helpful. Please feel free to ask if I can help. I am kind of new too and I am sure more you use, more you will learn. Wish you all the best.

Thanks drdin - all is now clear (for the moment!) As I said to Sparkchaser, I often wondered what the little sayings were at the end of a post and now I know. One lives and learns, hopefully. momac :flowers:

So why is that your signature, do those sayings have a particular meaning for you, or is that too personal a question? What is the Rio Bird app on your Android?

OK, since you asked:

The sentence about Stewart is a homage to the Chuck Norris facts and features Stewart, one of the BAR mods from the Days of Olde Time.

The sentence about Toby is a reference to a song lyric and to my old chocolate lab, Toby.

The last sentence are favorite other forums of mine.

Thanks Sparkchaser: Did read the Chuck Norris article - always watched his movies and still would if any of them come up on telly. He was in a series where he was a sheriff or other official and I watched that - didn't think he was a great actor but he was always entertaining. When our boys were young they were always watching Kung Fu type things and one of them was into martial arts until he landed wrong and broke his leg. Bet you miss your lab - we are doggy people - have three little dogs - a Westie, a poodle-schnauzer mix and an Australian terrier. Anyway, I'm blathering on here - thanks for telling me about your signature. momac :D

Hi Sparkchaser: Do you have a new dog friend? I can't imagine our home without dogs - we have had several during our marriage (we have been married 53 years) - just love dogs and cats too but can't have a cat with the dog door - get fined for letting cats roam and a cat could easily scale our fence. momac :)

Stewart's not been gone for that long, though.

Also, I didn't know blatant self-advertising was allowed in signatures these days.

Hi will, I agree that goodreads is quite active. But I think this forum is more similar to kindle boards and mobileread. Forums like that should have more effect.

NOTE: BTW, How did you add hyperlink in your signature to "spooky reads."

I see someone else has answered now :) Beat me to it!

I'm not familiar with mobileread - shall have to check it out.

Back