• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Internet Explorer or Netscape?

I've been using Mozilla for my e-mail client and browser for probably two years now. It was a pain at first because I had to keep downloading the plugins, but I haven't had to do that for a while. I really like the tabbed browsing and the skins.

I like that it loads in the background, so when I want the browser or e-mail, it pops up quickly. What I don't like is that if I close all of my windows, it quits Mozilla and has to load up in the background again. Anyone know if there's a way to keep it running when all windows are closed?

I still have IE and use it occasionally when I run across a page that just won't load with Mozilla (a rare occurrence).

One thing that annoyed me about IE was that every once in a while, instead of loading my usual home page, it would load some Microsoft Update page. What's the deal with that?

I'm still using Win98, btw.

Browsers such as Advent and myie2 ( and a couple of others ) do all those things, plus some other things and runs about twice as fast as Mozilla. Also, you never have any pages that won't load or probems with plugins! :)

MyIE2 has mouse gestures so you never have to move the mouse to the back foward and refresh buttons. You will be surprised how much better that makes browsing!

I use either FireFox or IE, depending on my mood and what I'm planning on doing. The FireFox download manager is very handy (and it means I don't have to deal with the supreme monstrosity that is DAP), whereas IE has the advantage of speed and is also, unlike FF, capable of launching BitTorrent.

firefox 0.92 on my desktop, firefox 0.91 on my laptop, just have not got around to upgrading to 0.92 on the laptop.

Some sites do not work, then I use IE, fully patched up.

Might give MyIE2 a look though.

Used to use Firebird which is faster than Firefox, wife still uses it. I wont upgrade her PC as she hates it when I do that.

Typing this in IE on the work laptop and absolutely loath it, just love those pop-up adds :rolleyes: But the laptop is connected to the net and Chevron are very tight about their IT security. So I can't modify anything.

If it's the pop-ups that annoy you, get the Googlebar - you have an excellent pop-up blocker and a google searchbar in your toolbar. For free!

Cheers

Mort said:
I've been using Mozilla for my e-mail client and browser for probably two years now.
I swear by Mozilla. I thought it was great from day one (the tabbed browsing just rocks my world), though it did take some getting used to. I never close my windows so I don't have to deal with starting it up all the time and waiting for it to load. Plus my noble steed *pats her PC* always saves my sessions and opens it on startup as well, so I'm set to go immediately. Tee hee.

Back