• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

interpretation

amcartoon

okay..... I need some ideas. For 2nd hour communications, I have to memorize a short story, preferably scary. Then I have to tell it as an "interpretation" (basically retell it) to my class. The telling must go anywhere from 2 to 15 minutes. any ideas?:confused:

Raymond Carver's 'Short Cuts' is a collection of interesting stories. They aren't scary, though. Have a look at the story 'So Much Water So Close To Home' and see if that might be something you could use.

Go for Poe's "The Telltale Heart." I saw that performed as a monologue once and it was completely brilliant :D

If you're a dramatic sort, I think Clive Barker's The Yattering could work well. It's more funny than scary though, and my second favorite of the stories in his first three "books of blood". You'd probably have to tell it as if you're the demon thinking back on it, with loads of overexaggerated movements like clutching your head in frustration and such great rubbish.

Back