• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Introducing Me...

CarolinaCarol

Hey there y'all!

I'm so glad to finally find forums on books! I hope to spend many happy minutes here with you.

I'm off to explore... See you around!

CC
;~)

Welcome, CC.

Where is Oak Island, NC? Anywhere near the Outer Banks?

Hope you find what you came looking for!

Welcome to the forum, CarolinaCarol! :) I see you're reading James Patterson - I've just finished my first book of his, When the Wind Blows. It was pretty good.

Thanks for the Welcomes!

Ieckert... Oak Island is a barrier island off the Southern coast of NC, about half way between Wilmington NC and Myrtle Beach SC. We're a couple of hundred miles south of the Outer Banks.

Halo... I enjoy the Alex Cross series. The Women's Murder Club series is good too. I haven't read When the Wind Blows or Lake House. I understand they are about flying kids or something?

Cabrasopa... I mostly read suspense/mystery, Southern gothics, classics and novels. I don't do romances, politics, horror or sci-fi.

hello and welcome. i myself am very new too, and this forum is great. its very good for seeing others opinions nad getting tips on finding new books to read. just about all the posts and comments ive read are interesting and helpful, youll enjoy yourself just like i have

CarolinaCarol said:
Halo... I enjoy the Alex Cross series. The Women's Murder Club series is good too. I haven't read When the Wind Blows or Lake House. I understand they are about flying kids or something?
Yeah, that's right... genetically engineered kids with wings, who can fly! The book's entertaining enough, despite you having to suspend your disbelief.

CarolinaCarol said:
Thanks for the Welcomes!

Ieckert... Oak Island is a barrier island off the Southern coast of NC, about half way between Wilmington NC and Myrtle Beach SC. We're a couple of hundred miles south of the Outer Banks.

Cabrasopa... I mostly read suspense/mystery, Southern gothics, classics and novels. I don't do romances, politics, horror or sci-fi.

What southern gothics would you recommend me? :)

I don't know if it's southern gothic but have you read any of Lois Battle's books? She wrote Storyville, Southern Women, The Past is Another Country and a few others I can't remember at the moment. Being from the south myself and away now, I like reading stories that remind me of home.

Back