• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

iPoetry - Poetry.com

If the one I entered was fake to begin with, they could have done a service by mentioning that I would be surely named a semi-finalist.

Stewart said it was a scam on the second posting to this thread. Here's a definitive example of poetry.com's operations.

The Wergle Flomp Poetry Contest is inspired by Wergle's creator, poet David Taub. Mr. Taub submitted "Flubblebop" to poetry.com's ongoing contest to see what would happen.

Flubblebop
by Wergle Flomp

flobble bobble blop
yim yam widdley woooo
oshtenpopple gurby
yip yip yip
nish-nash nockle nockle
opfem magurby voey
Ahh! "Wurby tictoc?"
"quefoxenjib masaloouterp!"
bim-burm nurgle shliptog
afttowicky wicky wicky
erm addmuksle slibberyjert!
Reqi stoobery bup dinhhk
yibberdy yobberdy hif twizzum moshlap
dwisty fujefti coppen smoppen dob
tigtog turjemy fydel
saxtenvurskej brisleywum
swiggy swiggy swug
yumostipijjle dobers!

Need I mention that this poem was selected as a semifinalist? Just google Wergle Flomp if you'd like to see more.

JohnB

the one I entered was fake to begin with, they could have done a service by mentioning that I would be surely named a semi-finalist.

Stewart did, early on. Maybe you should start becoming an 'avid reader,' so that you can pick up on things such as this, versus always being the 'avid writer.'

Now, Manuscript, you seem like a pretty resonable person--I guess--so, please, take my advice. Your reasons for posting what you did don't exactly hold much merit, and the more you defend this the more...foolish I'll say, you're making yourself look.

Now, it's 4:49 and I just woke up, so if I've broken any rules of grammar up there, I apologize. Manu, get back to work on your poems, I have expressed before that I do believe you posess talent, but that it just needs to be refined. You need to start realizing that those taking objective approaches to your work aren't necessarily "unbelievers," but more of...um...I can't find a word. But we're not that that.

Anyhow, good luck to you on your future endeavors, but seriously now, give this thread up.

To : John B. Idiot and Stewart of the small mind

Before you talk about reading, I suggest you both do some yourself.

My initial post in and of it'self is a claim that the contest is hokey to begin with, meaning I already acknowledge it as a possible scam.

If you re-read the most recent post I write, I also make the claim of not being as gullible as others who send in money. Since I'm unemployed, I got nothing better to do. So why not have fun ' hoping ' what might be a scam could turn out to be the real thing.

Notice where I say I write back asking for any " fees " to be deducted from my winning check ( if ). A nice touch of subtlety for me I think.

Never overtly let them know, you know it's a scam, and of course don't get scammed.

Now having said all that, the question you people should be asking is why do it at all.
Besides not having anything better to do, I decided to enter it in just for the sake of doing it and not being ( supposedly by some of you ) too chicken to enter it in any contest, hokey or not.

Do you feel better now? You, of no achievements at all, to personally attack me and call me an idiot.

Have you ever had your I.Q. (That's short for Intelligence Quotient) tested? I've had mine tested twice, for job-related reasons, and they didn't call me an idiot. Actually, genius was the word they used, based on my scores.

So why don't you desist your playground insults and argue like an adult? Oops, maybe I am an idiot; that was a stupid question.

JohnB

Hey, clueless, my last post was about the Wergle Flomp poetry contest, nothing to do with the link that you put up. But since you led me there, here's a quote from that very article.

"If you’re good enough to win a prize, you’re good enough to get published in a legitimate publication on your own merit. So get out there, get writing, and get published."

So, if you're so good, why ain't you published?

JohnB

Whatever...

All I know is that I hated it when my school made us do the 'hokey-pokey' when I was a kid...:cool:

i'd rather do the grade school hokey-pokey

in grade school i was given the part of Romeo and some ugly fat spanish girl was touted as juliet,

so i don't feel sorry for you my friend.

Why doesn't EyezOnMe or SFG ever get in these debates?
Probably because eyez0nme can't string a sentence together without saying omg King has lost it ha ha ha and, regarding SFG75, most likely because the conversation isn't worth the time.

Back