• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is there a book with a story like this...

Edalb

...where a winter covers the world in ice, all humanity is lost and vile crimes are being committed?

Victor Frankenstein's creature turns "savage" (kind of) and goes through snow.

It also starts with an icy sea.

Whatever it is you're thinking of, read Frankenstein instead, it's probably better ;)

The whole notion of it seems, to me, to be a complete cliche; one of those nuclear winter stories where people battle each other for resources. The computer game, Transarctica, made an interesting trading simulation based on this concept.

As for stories, I'm not much of a sci-fi or fantasy reader, which is where I see this type of plot fitting in so I can't make any big suggestions. But, what kept coming to mind, was JG Ballard's The Crystal World, in which everything in the world starts to crystalize.

Kurt Vonnegut's "Cats Cradle"
ends with all the water in the world being frozen to ice

Again, probably not the one you're looking for, but a great book.

Edalb said:
...where a winter covers the world in ice, all humanity is lost and vile crimes are being committed?

It is possible, it is called "Fiction".

Or the possiblity could be the end of Earth and the aliens took over the planet.

I know because I study paranormal. :D

Back