• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

It's Alive!!!!

Motokid

4th Quarter (October 1, 2004 -Dec 31, 2004) results for sales of
"The Little Motorcycle" picture book for children...

Total books sold: 542

I'm working on getting total for life of book numbers together, but this is by far the best 3 months of sales to date. I think this helped push me past the 1000 books sold barrier, but I'll have to do some digging in my records.

Most of this success is due to a short television interview I did on SpeedTV for a weekly show titled "Two Wheel Tuesday". The interview aired in prime Christmas/Holiday time helping spike sales in December as parents and racers bought gifts for the youngsters in their lives.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program....

Thanx.

Eugen: Sadly no, I am not the artist.

Honeydevil: Been planning a series of picture books, and coloring books, and other stuff too. Just waiting for the publisher to give us the green flag for the next project. There's certainly room for an entire "racing season" of books.

I've got rough draft of "Race #2" cooling itself on my computer at home.

This month really marks just the first year since publication. So the momentum for this is just starting....I hope.... :cool:

Motokid said:
Thanx.

Eugen: Sadly no, I am not the artist.

Honeydevil: Been planning a series of picture books, and coloring books, and other stuff too. Just waiting for the publisher to give us the green flag for the next project. There's certainly room for an entire "racing season" of books.

I've got rough draft of "Race #2" cooling itself on my computer at home.

This month really marks just the first year since publication. So the momentum for this is just starting....I hope.... :cool:

i bet!! it is great what you do, and i really admire it!! i think too many people walking around and telling everybody that they wanted to write a book or a childrens book, but they don't really know what you have to consider, to make it a book children, their parents and everybody else loves!!

:D

spatha,

If you're still reading books to him he's the right age. If he's already reading himself it should still work, but he may need some help on a few words. It's a 24 page picturebook with large pictures on each page. Very graphic, and a bit more action packed than your typical bedtime story. The basic idea is the main character is a roadracing motorcycle who wakes from winter hybernation to go race at Daytona Raceway in Florida. It's kneedraggin', wheelie popping, checkered flag action that's true to racing. What young boy does not get a kick out of motorcycles and racing? Plus from the parental aspect, the story is a little more exciting than another Rugrats book, especially if you've ever been a motorcycle kind of guy. Check out my web site to get a better idea of if it's your kind of thing, and/or your son's kinda thing.

Thanks all....

Back