• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

It's hot here - how 'bout there?

It's been incredibly cool and damp for this time of year. My furnace is still kicking on from time to time.

We had one weekend in mid-May that got up around 30C. I made the mistake of getting out my sandals and shorts and jinxed it all. Since then we've been getting lots of cloud, rain and temps of around 12 - 17C.

Ell said:
It's been incredibly cool and damp for this time of year. My furnace is still kicking on from time to time.

We had one weekend in mid-May that got up around 30C. I made the mistake of getting out my sandals and shorts and jinxed it all. Since then we've been getting lots of cloud, rain and temps of around 12 - 17C.

So 55 - 65 F...wow...

Do other countries discuss humidity, heat index (temp and humidity combined) and wind chill factors (temp and wind combined in winter)?

So 90F with some rediculous humidity of 80% or something would give you a heat index of 105 F or something like that. Do other countries outside America do that?

We had a hail the other day... Ice particles were about an inch in diameter... Some cars were badly beaten... And today we had a tropical rain for half an hour or so... And now it is shining and it is close to +28C...
Obviously the weather is getting queer...

well i have ball tonight so obviously around 5 it will start to rain and the temp will drop 10 degrees.

Ha. Finally the heat has broken here. Ricky & Moto, are you guys still in the throes of heat and humidity, or has it cooled a bit for you too?

It's sooooo cold here today! A little wind coming off the mountain... brrrr. The fire is going though and taking the edge off.

mehastings said:
Ha. Finally the heat has broken here. Ricky & Moto, are you guys still in the throes of heat and humidity, or has it cooled a bit for you too?

well, it finally broke yesterday and then today it was actually cold on the cape! i wasn't complaining, it's been so unbearabley hot the past couple of days! thank goodness we have a pool!! although, the guests love it when it's hot....i could do without the humidity though.... :eek:

Yesterday the humidity was down quite noticibly. The temp was just under 90 F. The news said we have been 11 straight days with temps above 85 F which is the second longest streak of this nature in recorded weather history for pre-summer heat. I believe today will be the first day below 85 F for the high. (According to the weather-dude last night.)

Might actually be able to turn off the a/c and open the windows for a few days....whooo-hooo !!!!!!

Here in California, it's too hot.. but it's not humid, so I don't sweat. In the midwest in 90+ and it's super humid. It could melt a face!

Martin said:
The weather's turning over here, too. Summer's coming.

Ah, bliss.

Cheers

Ha!! Summer (weather, that is) has been here for six weeks already and will be here through October. Like I've said before, where I live, we have no real winter. We might get snow once every ten years (just happened this past Christmas Day). We just have two "seasons", a really long summer and a short fall/spring mishmash thing. One year, we wore shorts for Thanksgiving, coats Christmas Eve, shorts Christmas Day, coats New Years Eve and shorts New Years Day. Or something like that, you get the idea.

Today we're looking at somewhere between 95F and 100F with insane humidity levels...thats between 35C and 38C.

Maybe we could get jennashleagorhspamzilla to post a few of those winter pictures of hers just to break the pattern?

Motokid said:
Today we're looking at somewhere between 95F and 100F with insane humidity levels...thats between 35C and 38C.

Us too. It really sucks because I have to work at 3PM today. It's going to be hellish I'm sure.

It's suppose to hit 101 degrees F in Northern Virgina and Washington DC, about 110 with the heat index.

Thunder, lightning and rain right now. Perhaps this will be the weather front we need to bring the temperature down a few degrees.

Back