• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

It's time again!

Motokid said:
Maybe if you ask sirmyk nicely he'll offer up one of his books to be given away for free in a TBF contest/giveaway? All he needs to do is contact Darren to get the details on how to get one up and running for a month.

I'd enter for a chance to win it.

So what say you sirmyk? Book Forum contest?
I have a copy I can spare for such a cause. I'll even sign it for the winner. What kind of contest do you have in mind?

I'm thinking an essay contest would be appropriate.

Who would judge such a thing? I am guessing he who put up the prize?

Hell, I'd enter the contest just for your autograph, SirMyk! ;)

leckert said:
I'm thinking an essay contest would be appropriate.

Who would judge such a thing? I am guessing he who put up the prize?

Hell, I'd enter the contest just for your autograph, SirMyk! ;)
I would love to be the judge!

sirmyk is it more profatable for you to have sellers buy the book from amazon or B&N? Or should I purchase it from the publishing press directly? I sounds very interesting. My type of relaxing read!

laboi_22 said:
sirmyk is it more profatable for you to have sellers buy the book from amazon or B&N? Or should I purchase it from the publishing press directly? I sounds very interesting. My type of relaxing read!
The online store you buy it from does not affect my profits. Which ever ends up being the cheapest for you to purchase... go for it.

Ok thanks I know with some POD companies you get more profit if your readers by through their site rather than amazon etc.... Thanks and I've ordered your book. It's on it's way. Can't wait!!

sirmyk,

You may need to email Darren (can get his address from his profile) to get the quickest responce. He doesn't seem to be checking his PM's very often.

It will cost you some money to host the contest. Darren can spell out all the details.

Motokid said:
You may need to email Darren (can get his address from his profile) to get the quickest responce. He doesn't seem to be checking his PM's very often.

It will cost you some money to host the contest. Darren can spell out all the details.

Totally off topic (well mostly off anyway) here, but did we ever find out who won your book motokid?

mehastings said:
Totally off topic (well mostly off anyway) here, but did we ever find out who won your book motokid?

I did. I'm waiting for a reply from the winner to find out if I can post any information. From what I can tell (from Darren's email) the winner is not a forum member, and is a resident of America. That's about all I know at the moment. I got an email address and I sent a note to find out what the winner wants as far as specifics. Have not heard back yet.

Motokid said:
I did. I'm waiting for a reply from the winner to find out if I can post any information. From what I can tell (from Darren's email) the winner is not a forum member, and is a resident of America. That's about all I know at the moment. I got an email address and I sent a note to find out what the winner wants as far as specifics. Have not heard back yet.
Maybe I should host the contest myself. Maybe setup a new thread to do such a thing where members of this forum can post their submissions for all to see? Any problems with this? I still haven't read those forum guidelines/rules yet.

The only rule I found was the following:

"3.7 The Book Forum reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason without prior notice."

So, if I post such a thread, and it is later found to break a rule I somehow overlooked, one of the moderators could always enforce the above law by removing, editing, moving, or closing my contest. You can look for this contest under the "Writer's Showcase" section.

Laboi, you can have your thread back now.

I don't need it back. We've discussed some interesting topics here and as usual I'm always responsible for forums arguments and discussions.

Back