• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I've just found you....

ThursdayNext

Hi all!

I've only just discovered this great place! I will enjoy catching up on what I've missed.

I'm an avid reader, having an hour and half of bus journeys each day to/from work. Right now I'm reading 'Something Rotten' by Jasper Fforde. It's not out 'till August but I couldn't resist a proof copy from ebay :)

In the last couple of months I've read:

Wuthering Heights, The Curious Incident, Everything is Illuminated, Vernon God Little, The Well of Lost Plots, Making History and Veronika Decides to Die.

Hi once again and look forward to chatting to you all!!

Hi, welcome to this forum and hope you enjoy here. Sounds bless to read book in bus for an hour and half.

Welcome! I Love Jasper Fforde novels. I cannot wait to read "Something Rotten"!! :)

Do you like toast?

Welcome, welcom, welcome!

I have The Eyre Affair and The Well of Lost Plots on my shelf, and I'll give them a go soon! Is Something Rotten the new one in the Thursday Next series?

Cheers, Martin

Welcome! Enjoy yourself :)

I used to read on the way to and from work, but now I have a 2 minute drive instead of a half hour on the metro/bus, so my reading time is greatly diminished (I have more to do before and after work, as well).

Jules said:
Welcome! I Love Jasper Fforde novels. I cannot wait to read "Something Rotten"!! :)

Do you like toast?

I won't spoil it for you... I'm about a quarter of the way through and it's just as great as the others!! He reminds me a lot of Douglas Adams, loved his books too. It just goes to show how you should try new things because I always said I didn't like sci-fi or fantasy stuff yet I've been loving it all from Lord of the Rings to His Dark Materials. (still like my classics though ;) )

Toast *chuckle* .... I'm sure I won't be spoiling it by saying toast is featured in the new novel!!

ThursdayNext

Martin said:
Welcome, welcom, welcome!

I have The Eyre Affair and The Well of Lost Plots on my shelf, and I'll give them a go soon! Is Something Rotten the new one in the Thursday Next series?

Cheers, Martin

Hiya Martin, yeah Something Rotten is the fourth book in the series, due out in August. Lost in a Good Book is the second book, coming after The Eyre Affair.

I usually like to read a silly book followed by a serious book, a classic between modern books etc to get a good variety but with these books I just couldn't help reading them one after the other!!

ThursdayNext

That good? Great!

Anyway, I bought myself Well of Lost Plots, and only after coming home and reading a review of it did I realise that it was the third book in a series. Well, that gave me a reason to go out and buy more books - sofar I've only bought The Eyre Affair, but Lost in a Good Book will accompany the other two on my shelf pretty soon, I reckon!

Cheers, Martin

I don't need much of a reason to buy books either! I'm one of those 'boxes of books in the loft' people. I try not to worry about how many books I've bought that I haven't read yet.... but my excuse is that I like to be able to choose what I will read next!! I think if I stopped buying books now I would have enough to last me a good year or two at my usual rate of reading! (think that's a conservative estimate!) *eek*

ThursdayNext

A belated greeting from me. I know all about the book-buying issue, I just keep finding new books that I feel I have to read straight away, so the pile of unread ones grows larger and larger!

Which part of the Midlands are you from? As you can see, I'm from Sheffield, just a bit further to the north.

Themistocles said:
A belated greeting from me. I know all about the book-buying issue, I just keep finding new books that I feel I have to read straight away, so the pile of unread ones grows larger and larger!

Which part of the Midlands are you from? As you can see, I'm from Sheffield, just a bit further to the north.

I'm exactly like that! Always planning what I'm going to read next while I'm half way through a book! I'm from Leicestershire btw :)

ThursdayNext

ThursdayNext said:
Hi all!

I've only just discovered this great place! I will enjoy catching up on what I've missed.

I'm an avid reader, having an hour and half of bus journeys each day to/from work. Right now I'm reading 'Something Rotten' by Jasper Fforde. It's not out 'till August but I couldn't resist a proof copy from ebay :)

In the last couple of months I've read:

Wuthering Heights, The Curious Incident, Everything is Illuminated, Vernon God Little, The Well of Lost Plots, Making History and Veronika Decides to Die.

Hi once again and look forward to chatting to you all!!
An hour and a half bus journey? :eek: I wouldn't like that :eek:

Hey TN!! Welcome to the Forum :)

I too am a great lover of Jasper Fforde's books, and am eagerly awaiting the new one (though i wont get it til its out in paperback :()

Phil

phil_t said:
Hey TN!! Welcome to the Forum :)

I too am a great lover of Jasper Fforde's books, and am eagerly awaiting the new one (though i wont get it til its out in paperback :()

Phil

The new book is fantastic, he's brill at weaving everything together! I think bol are doing a special offer on the new book, in a special paperback edition for about a fiver I think!!

Rainbowgurl, yeah, I thought I'd never get used to long bus journeys but Ive started to appreciate them cos I can read a book guilt-free (ie not ignoring partner, not playing with son etc!)

ThursdayNext

Martin said:
Bol as in Bol.com? Because there is nu such discount over here! :mad:

Cheers

Oh dear, yes bol.com, here are the details for anyone who erm....

Author: Jasper Fforde
Published Price: £12.99
BOL Price: £5.19
Publisher: HODDER
Publish Date: 26 July 2004
Stock Availability: Pre-order this title now

Special Paperback Edition

Sorry Martin!!

ThursdayNext

Back