• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

J.C. & Barb Hendee: The Noble Dead Series

ValkyrieRaven88

Does anyone read the Noble Dead Series by J.C. and Barb Hendee? I've been a fan since the second book came out. The first three were Dhampir, Thief of Lives, and Sister of the Dead. Traitor to the Blood came out recently but I haven't bought it yet. It's only in hardback.
The books are about a girl who is half-vampire (Magiere) and a man who is half-elf (Leesil), and they travel around with this dog pretending to fight vampires. Then they are put up against real vampires and have to figure out how to fight them.
If you've read them, please add onto the thread! :cool:

I've read the first one in the series, and I thought it was OK. I liked the setting - it was a traditional Dracula-East European setting including superstitious villagers. I wasn't 100% pleased with the characters, it seemed sometimes like the two authors had problems making up their minds where they wanted to go with Magiere and Leesil. Maybe that gets settled later on in the series?

I really liked the first two in the series. I'd pick up the third, but I don't want to wait for more books to come out.

I've read the first book and am on the second. I really enjoyed Dhampir and so far I'm enjoying the second one.

I especially like Leesil's shrouded past...

Yes, Leesil has an interesting past. I just re-read that book recently. *still waiting for the fourth to come out in paperback* T_T

Back