• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

J. K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

As SevenWritez discussed mistakes of the plot previously, I would like to point out that Barty Crouch had also a "perfect Invisibility Cloak" in the fourth book. What do you think about that?

I hate to be the glass is half empty guy but I must say, never read the books, that Harry Potter books are childlike novels. They do not cater to adults so my interest is dim.

This thread must be wonderful for young readers though. For me, I can do without it. :(

I am 48, my husband is 46, my Mom is 67. We all love the HP books. :D

The fact that some enterprising person saw a way to sell more books by starting a Children's Bestseller list doesn't mean that these are children's books.

My personal opinion is that if you have not read the books, you are not speaking with any authority at all. :)

As SevenWritez discussed mistakes of the plot previously, I would like to point out that Barty Crouch had also a "perfect Invisibility Cloak" in the fourth book. What do you think about that?

Rowling probably got sloppy. essentially those are minor details since i didn't even remember them, and i doubt she did either.

Rowling probably got sloppy. essentially those are minor details since i didn't even remember them, and i doubt she did either.

She did get sloppy in the last book. That bothered me as well I think she should of taken a while longer to finish the book.

All the people that died in the book didn't even matter to me much (except Fred). I was waiting for her to kill off one of the three main characters and she didn't (I thought she was being too kind).

But seriously Tonks and Lupin die but Ron, Hermione, and Harry survive? I would have thought at least one of them would live because they are more experienced in wizarding then those three.

And the 19 years later annoyed me as well. I would of preferred a Wonder Years ending. When you find out that Kevin and Wendy don't marry in the end. It should of had Harry and Ginny break up later on and he hooks up with someone else. Ron and Hermione made sense to me though (so no issues with that).

My Dad pointed out that she may have done the annoying Happily Ever After Epilogue to keep people from writing sequels of Voldemort coming back.

I think your dad was being a little too kind-hearted. Though his words seemed forgiving, his heart cried, "THIS ENDING SUCKED ASS!"

It's sad, but we move on. *shakes fists*

First of all, never read the epilouges. Who needs them? They always leave you dissapointed. Secondly, does anyone know if J.K. Rowling cited Lord of the Rings as inspiration because there are so many close similarities.

It's almost impossible to write anything that doesn't remind someone of something. For instance, the sword of Gryffindor being in a pond seemed very Arthurian to me.

Well, sorry to bring back the whole Invisibility Cloak issue, but as far as I remember, Moody was able to see Harry through it, wasn't he?

Still, the third Hallow is described as a cloak that "endures eternally, giving constant and impenetrable concealment, no matter what spells are cast at it" (p.333).
Maybe the difference lies in the fact that Moody's eye isn't actually a spell?:confused:

I have to intervene, to save you both the trouble.

The plot holes in Harry Potter are large enough to house every obese American--and then some.

Haven't you just been discussing over one for the last few of your posts? Jesus. Go google "Harry Potter Plot Holes," and be amazed.

Yeah, indeed, through Google you can find some interesting points, some of which are really amazing!
Still, I think that the entire story is so well tied that these minor holes seem trivial.

I don't mind the plot holes simply because J.K. Rowling never bogged HP down with self importance. Stories that run off on philosophical tangents while simaltaneously twisting up story threads make me want to hunt down the writer and beat them in a dark alley. Harry Potter is fun, not serious, so I enjoyed it for what it was...though, Deathly Hallows was kind of..."eh."

I don't mind the plot holes simply because J.K. Rowling never bogged HP down with self importance. Stories that run off on philosophical tangents while simaltaneously twisting up story threads make me want to hunt down the writer and beat them in a dark alley. Harry Potter is fun, not serious, so I enjoyed it for what it was...though, Deathly Hallows was kind of..."eh."

So far everything you've said about this book was negative. I agree with SOME of the plot holes. I have been reading and waiting for these books to come out for 10 years and the plot holes are not important. I think the true HP fan doesn't care about them really, they just want closure and that's exactly what she did with HP and the Deathly Hallows. The ending could have been more f-ed up. She did a good job.

Back