• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

J. K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

She did a good job. Not a great job, and this being Harry Potter, I wanted great. Sorry if I'm not loyal to a book and expect higher quality. And, I already said plot holes aren't important, but they were there, and I mentioned them--that's not being negative, that's pointing out an observation.

I agree that the battle scene could have been better but i suppose it was always going to take place at Hogwarts. I think she made the right descision by killing of one of the twins. One of teh Weasleys had to go just for balance but i always though it would be Percy. As for Mrs Weasley killing Bellatrix, i thought it was brilliant. You can just see her, in her house coat, all kind and motherly letting rip, although i always assumed it would be longbottoim that finished her off. I loved the book from start to finish and on the whole i thought she rounded up teh story just nicely. I would have liked to know at the end of the book what job Harry had finaly taken.

She did get sloppy in the last book. That bothered me as well I think she should of taken a while longer to finish the book.

she had a deadline that she didn't create. i think the book was originally supposed to be released on 7-7-07

All the people that died in the book didn't even matter to me much (except Fred). I was waiting for her to kill off one of the three main characters and she didn't (I thought she was being too kind)...

she was supposed to kill off Ron, but all three became such icons. there would've been millions of angry fans. i for one, am glad he didn't die - he was my favorite character.

My Dad pointed out that she may have done the annoying Happily Ever After Epilogue to keep people from writing sequels of Voldemort coming back.

i agree - thats exactly what i thought when i saw the title of it.

I'm sort of glad that she didn't whack Harry. I'd been a little sad about the sorta death he had, thinking it would've been nice if he'd gone out in a blaze of glory or something. Then, a friend of mine was telling me about how her kid read the end of the book first, then got to the part where Harry feigned death. The eight year old didn't know what feigned meant, and came downstairs crying his eyes out saying, "Mother, I think perhaps I didn't understand when I read the end of the book", so she explained it to him. Poor bugger.

That idiot didn't write "The gorgeous epilogue of Deathly Hallows," did he?

*Checks again*

Wow...he did. Look, I enjoy Stephen King's writing and all, but wow, that word basically epitomizes my response to this guys review. King, you're a great writer, I love your stuff, but God damnit have you become one stupid jackass in your later years.

Gorgeous epilogue my ass. I feel like sending him hate mail.

Actually, I liked the review. It made me giggle. The way he write sometimes has that effect on me. I like that he points out that there's really no such thing as a spoiler at this point; everyone who's going to read it, really, has already read it.

I liked the review as well, but I remember back in the day when the young Stephen King was HONEST about things, not GA-GA about them. And I'm not saying he was lying of Harry Potter's quality, because I enjoyed the series, but that "gorgeous epilogue," tidbit sent me crawling up the wall faster than Spider-Man on crack.

He used be to straight forward, and now, as an old man, he seems to try and perteh everything up and make it ten times more grand than what it actually is. He's becoming a poet...and poets suck.

The Dude

Hey, maybe you've got it wrong. Perhaps Stephen was still like being really cool and stuff on the inside and was just about to say something a bit GNARLY about the book when he suddenly thought, "Hey, hold on there cool thoughts, JK's like an English Muffin, I can't just go like all RADICAL on her ass. Hey I know I'll use the word Gorgeous. Yeah, then all my British fans will really think I’m like totally down with their grove. And then I can write a new book in which I start to decapitate their families. SUPER COOL.

Is it too much to hope for that this is what really happened?

she had a deadline that she didn't create. i think the book was originally supposed to be released on 7-7-07

she was supposed to kill off Ron, but all three became such icons. there would've been millions of angry fans. i for one, am glad he didn't die - he was my favorite character.

i agree - thats exactly what i thought when i saw the title of it.

Well her deadline ruined the book for me (well atleast the last few chapters).
I wouldn't have liked her to kill Ron either but not killing one of the three was too nice and boring.

The epilogue was terrible IMO. Anyway, it might have stopped the Harry stories but more then likely there will be more stories in that universe.

Hey, maybe you've got it wrong. Perhaps Stephen was still like being really cool and stuff on the inside and was just about to say something a bit GNARLY about the book when he suddenly thought, "Hey, hold on there cool thoughts, JK's like an English Muffin, I can't just go like all RADICAL on her ass. Hey I know I'll use the word Gorgeous. Yeah, then all my British fans will really think I’m like totally down with their grove. And then I can write a new book in which I start to decapitate their families. SUPER COOL.

Is it too much to hope for that this is what really happened?

I think you may in fact be quite the detective, sir. Maybe King wants to veer away from his 'ol'country talk ayuh' and move on to some European flavor. "Blimy, ol'chap, wha whas that? a monster? a MUNSTER? CRIPES! IT STOLE MAH BLOODY LEG!"

I can see it. King has a hidden agenda.

Who is that man

Ah yes. Of course Stephen King has many incarnations, (He’s a bit like Dr Who in that regard.) First we had the Weirdi Beardi look; a good look for a writer back in the days of Homer (Homer the Greek that is and not Homer the Simpson, just for the younger readers.) But of course the Uni-Bomber went for the same look so that kind of spoilt for everybody. Then we had the dark, no bearded (Who the hell did you say he was) look. Followed by the guitar playing, (I’m still hip with the kids look.) You can’t fault the guys imagination. Well let’s face it he gave us the girl who needed a strong cup of tea and a good talking to, book. The car that need a good service and oil change, book and of course how could we forget, the pale guy in need of a good orthodontist, book. He’s kind of like the Madona of writers I suppose. (That’s the Modana from “Like a virgin” and not the Madona from “The Bible” just for our older readers)

Hanman, I think I love you for the giggles you've just given me.

You gotta love the weird phrases the man uses. What the hell does "shoot a pickle" mean? Anyone?

The Pickelo

I think it has something to do with, “Shooting for the sky,” only less ambitious. Although I knew a priest once who had a hole, (sorry that should of course be whole) different take on the word Pickle.

Am i the only one who isn't into Harry Potter?

Harry Potter never interested me that much I feel bad because it is so big and everyone is talking about it. I feel left out because i just don't get Harry Potter no offense to the fans.
Clementine

You're not the only one. There are several folks here that don't like Harry Potter and feel the need to announce it in every Harry Potter thread.

After reading this last book, I felt like anything else I read was stupid! lol! I mean compared to J.K's writing, the next book I read seemed totally lame!

I really liked the entire book! I love reading puzzles that all fit together in the end and make you wonder how the writer came up with it. Of course, I was a little disappointed by the "19 years later" thing. It was way too sappy! I mean you just come out of Harry defeating Voldemort and all of a sudden there's all these little people running around named after other people! THAT seemed rushed to me and I think she could have left it off.

LONG LIVE HARRY!

Back