• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Patterson & David Ellis: Mistress

klunker

Just read the new James Patterson/David Ellis release, "Mistress". Wow!!! I couldn't put it down. Once done, handed it to my daughter. She stayed up all night reading it. (She's married with 2 daughters and lives a mile or so from us.)
This thing is chuck full of Presidential trivia and movie trivia. Which President had the biggest feet? Which had the smallest? Did you know Lincoln's son was not in attendance at the Ford Theater when his dad was shot? However, Lincoln's son was in attendance at both Garfield and McKinley's assinations.
The writers mix all this trivia in to a quick moving suspense writing. Once done with the book, you want to go back through it and re-read all the trivia items.
A really fun read....

You may be thinking of the wheelchair bound detective, Lincoln Rhymes. That is the principle in a series by Jeffrey Deaver, not Patterson.

I've read a few of the Rhymes novels. "The Burning Wire" will make your hair stand on end. Very good!! Deaver wrote the latest James Bond novel, "Carte Blanche"... also a good read.

You may be thinking of the wheelchair bound detective, Lincoln Rhymes. That is the principle in a series by Jeffrey Deaver, not Patterson.

I've read a few of the Rhymes novels. "The Burning Wire" will make your hair stand on end. Very good!! Deaver wrote the latest James Bond novel, "Carte Blanche"... also a good read.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Ah, yes I remember now, I read a few but I don't usually like it when the same charater is in every story. I get bored of the character. part of the fun for me is learning about the character and of course you don't that if you've already read about him before. i know someone will have a fit when I tell you this but I got bored of Reacher!
Yes! I really did!
So is Burning Wire about Denzil too then?

Ah, yes I remember now, I read a few but I don't usually like it when the same charater is in every story. I get bored of the character. part of the fun for me is learning about the character and of course you don't that if you've already read about him before. i know someone will have a fit when I tell you this but I got bored of Reacher!
Yes! I really did!
So is Burning Wire about Denzil too then?

Denzil Washington played Lincoln Rhyme in the movie "The Bone Collector" and yes 'Burning Wire' is a Lincoln Rhyme book. Published in 2010.

http://www.jefferydeaver.com/novel/the-burning-wire/

To get back to the original post, that book can be found here:

http://www.jamespatterson.com/books_mistress.php

This is a stand alone book.

James Patterson also wrote a detective series featuring Alex Cross.

www.jamespatterson.com/books_alex_cross.php‎

Just read the new James Patterson/David Ellis release, "Mistress". Wow!!! I couldn't put it down. Once done, handed it to my daughter. She stayed up all night reading it. (She's married with 2 daughters and lives a mile or so from us.)
This thing is chuck full of Presidential trivia and movie trivia. Which President had the biggest feet? Which had the smallest? Did you know Lincoln's son was not in attendance at the Ford Theater when his dad was shot? However, Lincoln's son was in attendance at both Garfield and McKinley's assinations.
The writers mix all this trivia in to a quick moving suspense writing. Once done with the book, you want to go back through it and re-read all the trivia items.
A really fun read....

Have you read his book Kill Me if You Can? Soooo good!

Edit: removed link.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Patterson's main detective is Alex Cross. I always enjoy his books and will have to get "Mistress" to read.

Back