• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Patterson: Maximum Ride

mehastings

I keep seeing this TV commercial about a book by James Patterson. I think it is about a girl who can fly (commercial infers). I usually stear clear of books that are from wildly popular writers, but this commercial has me interested. Plus, I love seeing a commercial about a book and would like to encourage it to happen more. So, I've thought about buying it.

Has anyone read this? Is it good?

I think the book you mean is When the Wind Blows or its sequel The Lake House. I am a lot biased as I have been a huge fan of Patterson for years but I absolutely loved these books especially When the Wind Blows. They are a lot different from his usual detective type books, going into a sci- fi, government conspiricy plot.
Also they tug at the heart strings a bit, because who hasn't dreamed about being able to fly?

I enjoyed 'when the wind blows' when I read it a few years ago but was severely dissapointed by the sequel. The characters lack emotion and the plot detail is v.poor. I suppose it's worth reading if you enjoyed the first book but wouldn't make a good stand alone read.

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment

The book is Maximum Ride: The angel experiment. I am 15 and found this book at the youth section at my local library. It is really good. Since reading this book i went and bought when the wind blows and the lake house. I have already read when the wind blows and now i am almost done with the lake house. Thye main characters name is max but this the only similarities between these books. Maximum ride is really a young adult book. Where the other two are for adults. All of the books are a good read. Oh yeah i am really enjoying the The lake house. Except at the begining you are sort of clueless as to what the ressurection is.

Jml is correct. It's the start of his young adult series. It's been out for a while but it's kind of difficult to find. I heard "new Patterson book" and wondered, has it been three weeks already...

sirmyk said:
I heard "new Patterson book" and wondered, has it been three weeks already...
It's easy to put out a book a month when you let someone else write it and then stick your name in big letters on the top over those of the actual author who writes "in the style of..." [/cynicism]

sirmyk said:
I heard "new Patterson book" and wondered, has it been three weeks already...

Lol. I don't know Patterson but a couple of RL friends like his stuff. I did read though that some fans seem to think his recent stuff has been a bit crap - I mean even the stuff under his own name, not his shitty-litty-by-committee ones - not to mention padded out with large print to make it seem longer. If he really has started considering his fans the sort of people who are more likely to buy a book because it's fatter, then he doesn't have a lot of respect for them.

I checked and it turns out sirmyk was exaggerating - but not by much... In the year July 05 to July 06, James Patterson has/will put out no fewer than 8 new books, including co-written and young adult:

Lifeguard (with Andrew Gross)
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment (young adult)
Mary, Mary
The Fifth Horseman (with Maxine Paetro)
Beach Road (with Peter de Jonge)
Maximum Ride: School's Out - Forever (young adult)
Thriller: Stories to Keep You Up All Night
Judge and Jury (with Andrew Gross)

That's one book every 6 weeks...

Shade said:
I checked and it turns out sirmyk was exaggerating - but not by much... In the year July 05 to July 06, James Patterson has/will put out no fewer than 8 new books, including co-written and young adult:

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment (young adult)
Mary, Mary
Maximum Ride: School's Out - Forever (young adult)
Thriller: Stories to Keep You Up All Night

That's one book every 6 weeks...

Haha... holy shit. Took me like a year to write a fairly large STORY. Not even a 500 page novel...

I would guess that the only involvement Patterson would have on these four is to tell the author his idea and plot it out for them and tell them to get to it.

Back