• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Patterson.

I have read almost everything he's written and am currently selling them on Ebay. They get tiresome and soppy. VERY easy reads, cotton candy for the mind. Alex Cross gets highly annoying but I DID really like The Beach House.

James Patterson's books are brilliant, particularly the Alex Cross and Lindsay Boxer novels. They are easy to read and impossible to put down. When he writes with other people eg. Peter de Jonge and Andrew Gross the stories are not as good. I have just finished The Jester which is completely different to his other novels. It took me a while to get into it but once I did I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a patch on the detective novels.

I remember having read one of his books: "Jack and Jill".
I think it was well written, but just not my type of book, interesting though.

Talbyreader said:
James Patterson's books are brilliant, particularly the Alex Cross and Lindsay Boxer novels. They are easy to read and impossible to put down. When he writes with other people eg. Peter de Jonge and Andrew Gross the stories are not as good. I have just finished The Jester which is completely different to his other novels. It took me a while to get into it but once I did I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a patch on the detective novels.

Brilliant? No. What do you read? James Patterson is like wearing a cheap white t-shirt and then going in the rain. Soaks through. Doesn't work! Try something with a bit of grunt! Sheesh.

I read The Lake House, which was an easy, light read. It was an interesting story, but I remember being disappointed in some of the twists and turns that the plot took. It sure didn't make me want to read any more Patterson books.

I've read his Lindsay Boxer novels as well as Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, and Sam's Letters to Jennifer. I liked them all. The Lindsay Boxer novels are fast paced, but I'd have to agree somewhat with Geenh, not very deep or technical. I much rather Jeffrey Deaver for that. The other two are tear jerkers, more romance type than anything else he's written.

I have read all of his books and have enjoyed most. He has a couple of different types of genres he writes across. For the Alex Cross (his main detective mystery novels) I would recommend starting from the begining of the series with Along Came a Spider. I just recently finished London Bridges and loved it.

I read Sam's letters to Jennifer and I really liked it.Of course i'm a sucker for emotional and sappy novels.I just got Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas from the library but haven't read it yet.I haven't read any of his other novels yet,but will probably try eventually.

i personally don't like the alex cross novels, but i liked WHEN THE WIND BLOWS and LAKEHOUSE!! some others were not bad either!!
i like his books, but mostly for the in-between!! there fastreading and simple!!

I enjoyed the two movies based on his books but made the mistake of picking up the book Hide & Seek to see if I would enjoy the style of writing. It turned out to be a mistake I did finish the book but it mainly reminded me of the horror books I read when I was a teenager I'm not saying it was in the genre but it was mostly fluff like those bad horror novels in the '80s.

So a year later I decided to give Patterson another try this time reading the first two books in the Alex Cross series. I've found I enjoy these much more then Hide & Seek in fact even more then I enjoyed the two movies the adversaries were a good deal more twisted then they were portrayed in the films.

I've read quite a few Patterson books and while I loved them at the time, the more I read other books, the more I realised that they weren't as good as I imagined. But, if you're looking for something thats relatively easy to get into and flows at a fast pace then you can't really go wrong.

James Patterson

James Patterson is a good writer who keeps on churning out 2-3 books per year
some of them are good & some of them are passable

his strength is his fast paced storyline with small chapters[avg. chapter length is of 1-2 pages] & good stories

his weakness is the predictability of his endings but you can still read & enjoy his books

books to read are:
- Alex Cross series
1. Along Came a Spider
2. Kiss the Girls
3. Jack & Jill
4. Cat & Mouse
5. Pop Goes the Weasel
6. Roses are Red
7. Violets are Blue
8. Four Blind Mice
9. The Big Bad Wolf
10. London Bridges
11. Mary, Mary (Available 11/05)

- The women's muder club
1. 1st to die
2. 2nd chance
3. 3rd degree
4. 4th of july[Available 5/05]

Dogtanian said:
I've read quite a few Patterson books and while I loved them at the time, the more I read other books, the more I realised that they weren't as good as I imagined. But, if you're looking for something thats relatively easy to get into and flows at a fast pace then you can't really go wrong.

I've found it's the same with majority of authors who are on a bestseller's list; the stories just become much of a muchness & then you start reading a new author who has fresh ideas so the older books start to pale in comparison.

Take Dick Francis as a prime example of this. His later books are just a re-hash of what he's already written before :(

I read Cat and Mouse last week. I'll be heading out to the library next week to look for his other stuff (no money = many library trips).

Back