• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jane Yolen

SFG75

Don't know if you guys have heard of her. She has a great series of books regarding dinosaurs. I found this out as I checked out How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? from the local library. The book is very well done artistically and features some eye-catching colors. Age range might be above my oldest(who is 3) but they sit and look through it for good periods of time. Definitely three thumbs up.:)

As far as I can tell, Jane Yolen is one of 'the' names in States-side children's literature, esp. in writing forkloric/magical tales. Like various other writers, she wrote about orphans going to wizard school and making friends and having adventures, long before HP came into the world. I have followed her blog for the last couple of years, and she seems to be a thoughtful and hard-working writer, who consistently writes good stuff.

It's not easy to find her stuff in the UK though, unless you buy off Amazon.

SHe has written so many stories about dragons. But her most popular ones would probably be Devil's Arithmetic (about the Holocaust) and Armageddon Summer.

Back