• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jeff Lindsay: Dexter is Delicious

Libra6Poe

Out September 7th. Pre-ordered mine earlier this summer.
Dexter Morgan has always lived a happy homicidal life. He keeps his dark urges in check by adhering to one stead*fast rule . . . he only kills very bad people. But now Dexter is experiencing some major life changes—don’t we all?—and they’re mostly wrapped up in the eight-pound curiosity that is his newborn daughter. Family bliss is cut short, however, when Dexter is summoned to investigate the disappearance of a seventeen-year-old girl who has been running with a bizarre group of goths who fancy themselves to be vampires. As Dexter gets closer to the truth of what happened to the missing girl, he realizes they are not really vampires so much as cannibals. And, most disturbing . . . these people have decided they would really like to eat Dexter.
I'm trying to get ready by catching up. I'm still in the beginning of Dexter by Design.

Other Dexter threads on B&R:

I hope this redeems the last two Dexter books.Design was meh, and Dexter in The Dark sucked! The only good thing that the third book had was the horror,and the scariest of the series.

Dearly Devoted is my favorite of the series,and one of the best books I've ever read,but Delicious sounds very good. Who knows? These cannibals might have more gruesome killings than Danco.

I hope this redeems the last two Dexter books.Design was meh, and Dexter in The Dark sucked! The only good thing that the third book had was the horror,and the scariest of the series.

Dearly Devoted is my favorite of the series,and one of the best books I've ever read,but Delicious sounds very good. Who knows? These cannibals might have more gruesome killings than Danco.

I LOVED Dearly Devoted!!! I literally laughed out loud. I remember talking about it with friends.
I, too, didn't enjoy Dex in the Dark, but based on your thread on by Design, I hope I'll enjoy what I'm reading.

Yeah,I was surprised how Dearly Devoted could keep the seriousness and satire and the same time.

I remember reading a section of it to my English class,and they loved it.

About 100 pages in. It's ok so far.
In the last book, I found Debs to be pretty annoying. But in this one, I like her attitude a lot better.
I hate Dex's
baby's name. Lily Anne. I'm so tired of the name "Lily." Everyone names their kid that it seems.

I was also surprised by
the return of his brother Brian. I have very very vague memories of the first book. And I often confuse it with season one of the show. I guess I thought Brian died in the first one.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what Lindsay is going to do with this. Yay!

So, I was able to finish this earlier today. And I really enjoyed it. Definitely better than the last two and I felt it was just as exciting as Dearly Devoted.

I loved it when Dex came home after
buying a game for the family only to find that Brian got everyone a Wii. Then Dex imagined himself dropping the bag, running to his room, and crying on the bed.

I like the last setting for the showdown. Seemed fun.
Funny moment on pg. 292 when Dex says arrrrrhhh.

Lindsay doesn't really paint a pretty picture of Miami throughout. Like on pg. 307, for example.

Any word out on the next Dexter novel?

I just put on hold at my library. I'm the first one also to get it.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait for it to come in.

love these books haha i know some needed work but I try not to be too critical i guess you could say im a casual reader : P

I really hate to say this,but I give up.

I want my Dexter Morgan from the first two NOT the others. Lindsay is putting the nails in the coffin known as Dexter Morgan.

To add to the sadness,because Dex was so bad,he was kicked off number one place in my top 10 :(.

Back