• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jeff Shaara: The Rising Tide

brk_3

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc418_brk_3_RisingTide.jpg :star5:

The Rising Tide is Book 1 in Jeff Shaara’s WWII series of novels. It covers the war in North Africa, Sicily and the Allied Invasion of Italy all occurring from 1942 to early 1944. Shaara concentrates in on four main characters: Erwin Rommel, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Jack Logan (tank gunner), Jesse Adams (paratrooper). All the key characters are included as well: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Adolf Hitler, George Patton, Bernard Montgomery, Albert Kesselring and more. But the author brings you into the minds of the four main characters. Again, it is obvious that Shaara does exhaustive research when writing his books. His attention to detail and skills as a writer makes the story come to life. This book is so entertaining, educational and jammed full of facts it should be required reading for any student who is studying WWII.
A great read...

I picked up one of the civil war books, but didn't finish it. Perhaps I'll try this series....um it is a series right?

I picked up one of the civil war books, but didn't finish it. Perhaps I'll try this series....um it is a series right?

It is a series relating to WWII. This being the first book. The second book is The Steel Wave and is about the Allied Forces invasion of Europe. I have yet to read the second book but I am sure it will be very good if not great.

Back