• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jell-o & Cool Whip Pie

Irene Wilde said:
Yeah, that one carries a lot of baggage with it for me. It's very personal.

i would ask why,but everybody can read it, so if you want to answer this question you can write a pm.
have to go

Irene Wilde said:
Such a long and rambling story would never fit in a PM. I'll leave it as a bit of an enigma.

hmm... a person with secrets, that's somebody interesting... :D
Most people tell you all about them, when you ask...

did you do ever something totally crazy and everybody said "don't do it" and when you did it you felt as if you stand on top of the world? just curious... :D

honeydevil said:
did you do ever something totally crazy and everybody said "don't do it" and when you did it you felt as if you stand on top of the world? just curious... :D

Yes and yes, and then the fall came and it was a long way down. But while I was up there, it was certainly worth it, and it was worth the fall. And yes, I'd do it again if I could.

Irene Wilde said:
Yes and yes, and then the fall came and it was a long way down. But while I was up there, it was certainly worth it, and it was worth the fall. And yes, I'd do it again if I could.
what was it?

Is it important? In the long run, it isn't the particulars, it's the emotions that matter. That feeling that all things are possible -- it's tremendous no matter what brings it into being. Everyone should have it once. Chasing that one foolish dream when everyone says you're crazy and seeing it coming true, if only for a little while -- it's indescribable but something that should be experienced.

Irene Wilde said:
Is it important? In the long run, it isn't the particulars, it's the emotions that matter. That feeling that all things are possible -- it's tremendous no matter what brings it into being. Everyone should have it once. Chasing that one foolish dream when everyone says you're crazy and seeing it coming true, if only for a little while -- it's indescribable but something that should be experienced.

but why should you only chase it once? why not trying to keep this feeling alive? why shouldn't you shock everybody who thinks they know you?

Irene Wilde said:
Maybe, one day, another dream will come along that will be worth chasing. Right now, I'm between dreams, I guess.

is a dream worth telling everybody you love to let you alone and go away?

Irene Wilde said:
Not when the one you love most is 9 years old and has a smile that lights up your world.
fair enough, a smile that lights your world is the best dream you can chase!

And she won't always be 9. When she is grown, there may still be time to chase dreams. Or when I am old(er) and in my dotage and no one cares what I do anymore, maybe there will time then. And finally, when this whole world is done with me and my soul is truly free -- that will be time when I know with a certainty that borders on actually having faith in something that I can soar again and be lifted by the power of one dream and not fear the fall.

Irene Wilde said:
And she won't always be 9. When she is grown, there may still be time to chase dreams. Or when I am old(er) and in my dotage and no one cares what I do anymore, maybe there will time then. And finally, when this whole world is done with me and my soul is truly free -- that will be time when I know with a certainty that borders on actually having faith in something that I can soar again and be lifted by the power of one dream and not fear the fall.

that sounds like a church speach! but yeah you're kinda right, you still have time to chase whatever you want! :D

honeydevil said:
that sounds like a church speach! but yeah you're kinda right, you still have time to chase whatever you want! :D

Nah, church requires real, actual faith, which is something I lack in all things. To me, it's a pleasant surprise when the sun rises in the east, and I think this whole gravity thing is a bit dodgy, so my feet hit the floor with great care each morning.

Irene Wilde said:
Nah, church requires real, actual faith, which is something I lack in all things. To me, it's a pleasant surprise when the sun rises in the east, and I think this whole gravity thing is a bit dodgy, so my feet hit the floor with great care each morning.

thanks because with people who try to get me into faith and love for jesus are kinda out of league for me.

i like that, but i'm different i hit the floor with a smile on my face and music in my head!

Well, Ms. Devil, it's been very nice talking to you over the last few days. I've abided by the truce and I've been very patient, but alas! So I'll climb up to my Secret Rebel Base for awhile longer and let these more recent events play themselves out. Perhaps when I re-emerge at a future date things will have changed for the better.

So in closing:

"You see my little toy to think - is from two bowls of wine to drink
Don't take too much or you may drown - behave yourself - see you around..."

-- Ian Hunter, from "God (Take 1)"*

*That's called attribution, that is.

Irene Wilde said:
Well, Ms. Devil, it's been very nice talking to you over the last few days. I've abided by the truce and I've been very patient, but alas! So I'll climb up to my Secret Rebel Base for awhile longer and let these more recent events play themselves out. Perhaps when I re-emerge at a future date things will have changed for the better.

So in closing:

"You see my little toy to think - is from two bowls of wine to drink
Don't take too much or you may drown - behave yourself - see you around..."

-- Ian Hunter, from "God (Take 1)"*

*That's called attribution, that is.

jap i enjoyed talking to you too and i hope to see you soon, until then i hope you have a great time and a smile for every day!

Back