• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jimi Hendrix: The Man, The Magic, The Truth - Sharon Lawrence

JimMorrison

this book was absolutely awesome! jimi hendrix is one of the most beautiful, passionate, talented and colorful human beings to ever grace this planet.

the story is told from the point of view of a very close friend of Jimi's and shows a very honest and profound window into his life. it shows his troubled childhood, his rise to fame and his roller coaster life.

i recommend this book to anyone interested in the life of JIMI, the greatest guitar player of all time.

any questions about the book just ask, or leave a comment about jimi

Excellent review!. I don't know a whole lot about rock history, though I'm a huge fan of Bob Dylan's. He spun a lot of tales and made up so many things, that it's now the full-time careers of a few writers to attempt to sort out what really was the truth behind certain situations. I agree that Jimi was super talented, more so than 98% of the rockers around today.

SFG75 said:
Excellent review!. I don't know a whole lot about rock history, though I'm a huge fan of Bob Dylan's. He spun a lot of tales and made up so many things, that it's now the full-time careers of a few writers to attempt to sort out what really was the truth behind certain situations. I agree that Jimi was super talented, more so than 98% of the rockers around today.

bob dylan is actually mentioned alot in this book. bob dylan was jimi's favorite person and influenced him so much in music. jimi has even covered dylan songs which you probably knew. in one part of the book, jimi actually meets bob dylan and have a great conversation.

the reason i think jimi is so special because he was way ahead of his time. he was pure and genius. he saw colors. for example he said that the color orange was very insecure, it hasnt yet decided whether it wants to be yellow or red. jimi envisioned a color in all of his songs. he was very intelligent; he read and loved to draw and paint. his thirst for life never diminshed regardless of his desolate home and messed up childhood.

Back