• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Joanne Harris: Jigs And Reels

murphyz

I noticed this was out in borders, but not in Waterstones, and the release date is Wednesday - how odd?

Anyhoo, after reading Chocolate and Five Quarters of the Orange, I had found them to be too 'samey' in content and style and, although they were not bad books, it put me off reading any more of Harris because I think all of the others would be the same.

Jigs and Reels, however, is a collection of 22 short stories involving witches, monsters, suicide and erotic leatherwear - slightly different from what I have come to expect from Harris, as I'm sure you will agree.

So - this one I do want to read, and would love to hear the views of others to sway my vote one way or the other.

Is any one else looking forward to this?
Has any one else seen it on the shelves this early?
More to the point, have you sat in store and read one of the stories quickly?

I plan to buy it Wednesday, the official release date and, conveniently, payday so any thoughts before then are greatly appreciated.

Mxx

Looks like someone will be in deep doo doo for breaking the release date. ;) but maybe they aren't so strict in the UK.

I have read: Chocolate ( loved it ), Blackberry Wine ( loved it ), Five Quarters of the Orange, ( it's OK ), Coastliners ( Good but not as good as her older stuff )

I like Harris. I do!!! She is a great writer. But I am getting a bit sick of her, really. All her novels ARE very samey. Hmmm, interesting what you say about Jigs and Reels. Sounds good :) I am glad she, seems, to finally be doing something really different. I was not going to buy anything else by her becausae her books are so samey. Jigs and Reels sound very interresting though.

I think I will buy it Murph!

Regards
SillyWabbit

Back