• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

John Adams series

Libra

John Adams series started last week.
Since I went to school in the U.S from 2nd grade all the way up to 10th grade I like the history. It is great to see how the Declaration of independence started, how Washington became the first president. Anyone else watch it?

I don't have HBO so I missed it. HBO typically has high production values (Band of Brothers).

How was it?

It was fascinating actually, because if you know the history ,it makes it more special and you see what these men did.The second episode had to do with the “pox” and how some doctors started trying to find some antedote. They would take a healthy person and cut them on the upper arm, and then take …umm pus from the sick persons pox and put it on the healthy persons cut.(I hope you are not reading this early in the morning) lol anyways, Ever since the boston massacre there has been problem with the british and it was still the “colonies” and not the “state s” yet and How a lawyer called John Adams proposed independence from the british , It was hard to convince some leaders of the colonies and the talks that went on trying to change their minds.Alot of them liked it the way it was because of illegal things going on etc..illegal trade etc..Ben Franklin was ofcourse in these talks.They finally conviced them to say yes and John Adams asked Thomas Jefferson to write up the constitutuion. Because they needed more help in the war ,ordinary folk joined to help and John Adams suggested a great Colonel to lead the continental army. And his name George Washington….anyways I could go on and on…about how great these men were but I will write them down by episode…:)

Have you been to Washington D.C? I loved going to the smithsonian.But one day is not enough to see everything.

Sounds great. I'll check it out when it comes out on DVD.

Have you been to Washington D.C? I loved going to the smithsonian.But one day is not enough to see everything.

Several times. To do it right, you'll want at least a week.

When Adams and Abigail came back to tha states after being away in France it was a touching moment. I can't get over the make-up and the accuracy of how much the actors look like the real people, and mostly George Washington.Also a nice moment when George Washington became the first president, and Adams the vice president.

I missed 3out of the 7 episodes.( it's all the Tudors fault, and Johnathan Rheys Myers:D)

I am definitely buying the DVD when it comes out because it's worth seeing it over again.

Back