• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

John Grandits: Blue Lipstick: Concrete Poems

SFG75

Our school librarian sent us an e-mail about "book bags" that we can get of various books. The bags are loaned to us for about four weeks and they have 15 copies of the same book and some lesson plan ideas. After mulling over the list, I chose Blue Lipstick: Concrete Poems for the girls in my english courses to work on. I made up a work packet over the poems and had them create similar poems using the zany style that some of the poems were written in. One particular poem looks like a stock market ticker and zings up and down. The book features poems by the author's sister and her take on the stres of the teenage years-school, work, dealing with younger siblings, fitting in, etc. It was a great board to leap into ther discussions. I highly recommend it for younger readers, and older ones too for that matter.

Back