• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

John Sandford: Silken Prey

klunker

Wow! Reading Sanford's latest in his "Prey" series. This is a political crime thriller. Democrat, Republican, Conservative, Liberal... Sanford handles today's volitile political clime well. Corruption, blackmail, political 'dirty tricks', murder... does any or all of this happen in the real political arena? Sad to say, but this may be closer to reality than any of us would like to imagine. Sanford's "Prey" series takes place in Minnesota. It's amazing how the law enforcement agencies seem to get ultimate direction from the Governor. Do all governors get involved in law enforcement to this extent? I'd have nightmares if I thought the Governor of our state did. He's a politican, first and foremost... Not someone I'd want making decisions about high profile murder and corruption cases. Leave that to our Attorney General.

This read is current and gripping. It's a fairly long book, compared to other of this series. Yet, I've been out of breath since the first chapter and cannot put it down.

does any or all of this happen in the real political arena?

yes and more .....

It's amazing how the law enforcement agencies seem to get ultimate direction from the Governor. Do all governors get involved in law enforcement to this extent? I'd have nightmares if I thought the Governor of our state did. He's a politican, first and foremost... Not someone I'd want making decisions about high profile murder and corruption cases. Leave that to our Attorney General.

Are you kidding me? High profile crime IS political so of course the politicians are involved.

Back