• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

John Steinbeck

Haven't read nearly enough Steinbeck (although I have a fair amount sitting on my bookshelves) but I really enjoyed Of Mice and Men and The Pearl.

I've read many, if not most of Steinbeck's novels. It's hard to pick my favorite, they're all superb.
East of Eden is the most complex and crafted;
Grapes of Wrath the most compelling;
Tortilla Flat the most charming;
Of Mice and Men the most haunting;
Travels with Charley the most endearing.

Whats your most favorite Steinbeck book?
Of Mice And Men was my first book I read in school(many years ago) and as much as I loved this book I have never read any other Steinbeck book. Dont ask my why.
Id like to pick up another, what would you recomend?

In high school, our Junior Varsity Football Coach was the English Three (Junior) Teacher.

He insisted that we always have a book that we were reading and would take oral book reports from us to confirm that we knew what we were reading.

After we had been in his class of a month he read Of Mice And Men to us. The teacher was also an actor and he put so much emotion into it that when George told Lennie to "defend" himself, I stood up and cheered. I felt foolish as hell, but if you read the book, and have emotion, you would cheer, too. I had tears in my eyes at the end of the story. I was on the football team, and I was crying over a short novel. It was then that I knew that I was hooked on books. I love good books.

Back