• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Judge officially rules that Duke football sucks

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
I don't think The Onion could have done a better job.

Judge agrees: Duke football as bad as it gets

Judge agrees: Duke football as bad as it gets

A Franklin, Ky., Circuit Court judge sided with a devilishly clever argument and ruled in favor of Duke University yesterday in a breach of contract lawsuit brought forth by the University of Louisville.

Judge Phillip J. Shepherd agreed with Duke's lawyers — the football team is so bad that any replacement would do.

U of L sued Duke for $450,000 — or a series with another Atlantic Coast Conference opponent — after the Blue Devils backed out of a four-game football contract with three dates remaining.

The contract called for a penalty of $150,000 per game if a date with a "team of similar stature" could not be arranged.

Duke's lawyers argued the Blue Devils, which have a record of 6-45 over the past five seasons, were so bad that any team would be a suitable replacement.

Judge Shepherd agreed in his summary:

"At oral argument, Duke (with a candor perhaps more attributable to good legal strategy than to institutional modesty) persuasively asserted that this is a threshold that could not be any lower. Duke’s argument on this point cannot be reasonably disputed by Louisville."

Duke's basketball program is one of the best year in and year out. Their football team is bad. As they are division I, I wonder if they would argue that a division II team would be suitable.:lol: Imagine being the coach and players.

"Appalachian State is just as good as us your honor....if not better......"

:lol:

Ah, Duke Football. Always in contention. . . for the worst in the NCAA. Well, they got a new coach (David Cutcliffe), so, um ah', I'll be praying for them to turn around the ship sometime over the next five years.

Back