• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Just found this bit - guess i should say Hi!

Yaw Ince

Hi there my name is Andy. :)

I enjoy reading in fits and starts - I've just finished reading 1984 and felt compelled to share my thoughts with someone.

It blew me away a bit - in fact I've never been so disturbed and repelled by the contents of a novel whilst at the same time so grateful for the brilliance of the writing. It some ways that smacks of the "doublethink" philosophy inherent in the book! :D

My fave author ever is probably charles bukowski.

I'm also into sport and playing the guitar (and music in general). Oh and occasionally getting off my tits. :)

Welcome to the forum!
wave1.gif

Yaw Ince said:
Hi there my name is Andy. :)

I enjoy reading in fits and starts - I've just finished reading 1984 and felt compelled to share my thoughts with someone.

It blew me away a bit - in fact I've never been so disturbed and repelled by the contents of a novel whilst at the same time so grateful for the brilliance of the writing. It some ways that smacks of the "doublethink" philosophy inherent in the book! :D

My fave author ever is probably charles bukowski.

I'm also into sport and playing the guitar (and music in general). Oh and occasionally getting off my tits. :)

wow, thanks for sharing your thought on 1984! Charles Bukowski, huh?

&&&&

Welcome, Andy

Welcome!

I remember right after reading the last page of _1984_ and closed the book in a daze. My immediate feeling was despair and hopelessness. I thought so hard about the book and the ending that my brains started to hurt, so I immediately got myself an ice cream.

ds

direstraits said:
I remember right after reading the last page of _1984_ and closed the book in a daze. My immediate feeling was despair and hopelessness.

I thought so hard about the book and the ending that my brains started to hurt, so I immediately got myself an ice cream.ds

lol. that is my style.

Back