• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Justina Robson: Natural History

Litany

I haven't just finished it, but I'll mention it anyway because it was so very good. Natural History by Justina Robson. Set in Earth's future, people are genetically engineered so that they're able to fly through space or terraform planets or whatever else needs doing about the place. Only the people getting the modifications aren't too happy about it. Then one of these disgruntled souls find an alien artefact that can be transformed into anything imaginable. Excellent book.

Sounds interesting!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Litany said:
I haven't just finished it, but I'll mention it anyway because it was so very good. Natural History by Justina Robson. Set in Earth's future, people are genetically engineered so that they're able to fly through space or terraform planets or whatever else needs doing about the place. Only the people getting the modifications aren't too happy about it. Then one of these disgruntled souls find an alien artefact that can be transformed into anything imaginable. Excellent book.

Sounds good Litany! I am really in the mood for a good SF so will take a look and I might order this from Amazon tomrrow. Oh dear, I am such a bad bunny :eek:

Just finished reading Natural History by Justina Roberts!

I liked it! The story moved along at a good pace. The writing was fabby! It had some good concepts to think about in there regarding what it means to be human and the concept of Identity and place. I liked that the avatars of the forged could be so different to what the thing actually was. Kinda like what we might be like ourselfs deep inside.

Anyway, good SF novel. I can recommend :)

SillyWabbit said:
Just finished reading Natural History by Justina Roberts!
(blah blah blah)
Anyway, good SF novel. I can recommend :)

Excellent. She has written some others that I will get around to investigating at some point. But if you get there first you're under strict instructions to report straight to me. I reckon I can probably trust your judgement on sci fi books, even if you can't be trusted on any other matters.

And Martin, just had a word with my boyfriend. The Code Book is about the past present and future of codes. Non-fiction but with examples of the use of codes and their backgrounds. He did like it an awful lot.

Litany said:
Excellent. She has written some others that I will get around to investigating at some point. But if you get there first you're under strict instructions to report straight to me. I reckon I can probably trust your judgement on sci fi books, even if you can't be trusted on any other matters.

And Martin, just had a word with my boyfriend. The Code Book is about the past present and future of codes. Non-fiction but with examples of the use of codes and their backgrounds. He did like it an awful lot.

OK! Will do! :D

I will for sure get more by her. She is an author to watch. I really like the way that she writes, also she can also tell a good story :)

Back