• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kathy Reichs - Temperance Brennan Series

readsalot

Like/ dislike?
Never heard of?

What are your impressions of the book series?
Do you like the tv series Bones better than the book series?

I read a couple books in the series and enjoyed them. I really need to pick up the next one... I'm itching to know what happens next!

I don't think I can compare them to Bones since they're so different. I like to think of them as the books that Bones writes on the show.

Good point. I've only read a few of them, but they're pretty good. Just finished 206 bones yesterday. It's pretty typical... murder, mayhem, bag the bad guy, etc

I've read and enjoyed the first 5 or 6 of them, but finally they seemed to only be repeats. I haven't even bothered with the last 3 at least...maybe I'll start on them again.

I saw the TV series a few times, it was ok, but as mentioned above, nothing like the books.

I have read the complete series and I honestly enjoyed the early books better than the latter ones. Or I should say Cross Bones up to 206 Bones
I didn't care for. I just didn't thing the character was in keeping with the person we met in Deja Dead and Death du jour. Maybe because there was less science and more her personal opinion, I don't know.
I like the TV show more for the other characters than for Tempe. In my opinion she's not someone you would like to know. Her lack of social skills and her exaggerated views of her self compared to others make her unlikeable.
But this is just an opinion other members of the family like the show which is the only reason I watch it.

I've read the books so out of order (and not even all of them) that I don't remember specifics about most of the "early" ones.

At least with 206 Bones, I noticed there was a lot of fragmented sentences. It worked ok with the idea of this being her personal narrative, but it definitely made portions of the story "jerky" to read.

I agree with Contrary and the Bones character on tv is also very annoying to me and even though the story itself might be interesting she is so conceited and obnoxious I cannot watch it. Same is true for the Mentalist. it is a decent show except I always want to punch the mentalist guy in the head.

Yeah the guy in the Mentalist is another lead character one would not like to hang around with ... or work with. What a putz!
Likewise Dr. House in House. I don't care if he was the best doctor in the world, he wouldn't be mine, not with his attitude. I enjoyed it when David Morse as the police detective went after him. Taught him not to be so pompous. Haven't watched it since then.
Back to Temperance Brennan. In the books Tempe is smart but likeable. She has her trials and tribulations with her love interest, eventually ex-husband and her coming of age daughter. Plus the stories being in Canada or the U.S. with different attitudes and laws is interesting too.

I do not like the guy is House either and anyway I do not watch medical shows because i always develop all of the symptoms of whatever disease is on that week and then I think I am dying.

Back