• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Keith Richards Quote

abecedarian

“When you are growing up, there are two institutional places that affect you most powerfully—the church, which belongs to God, and the public library, which belongs to you. The public library is a great equalizer.”—Keith Richards

Agree or disagree? What do you think?

I agree with the second part.

Keith's pretty quotable. Here's a few more.

The second part is the only part I think I can agree with. The Church doesn't belong to God; the church is about a relationship with God. And while knowledge IS power, it doesn't make us equal to God(IF that's what Richards really meant). Public Libraries DO allow us to be on equal footing with eachother. I think he's right to compare the influence of Church and Public Libraries..both can powerfully influence us spiritually and intellectually.

He's right about music being a necessity...every culture on the planet has music. That indicates to me that we're designed to need to express ourselves musically.

The second part is the only part I think I can agree with. The Church doesn't belong to God; the church is about a relationship with God. And while knowledge IS power, it doesn't make us equal to God(IF that's what Richards really meant). Public Libraries DO allow us to be on equal footing with eachother. I think he's right to compare the influence of Church and Public Libraries..both can powerfully influence us spiritually and intellectually.

Very nicely put. I agree 100% with you abecedarian.

Back