• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kelley Armstrong

Pearl

She does supernatural/horror and I was wondering if anyone read any of her books. She's currently working on her Women of the otherworld series and I"m on the last book. All her books are very great reading, very fast paced. Anybody a reader of her works?

I am! :D Currently read Bitten, Stolen and Dime Store Magic. Borrowing my brother's copy of Industrial Magic soon, I love the series. Can't wait for the next book to come out this year. :rolleyes:

I think her works would fall under Dark Fantasy too. Ive just finished Broken, not her best in the series but still very good :D

I've never heard of these. They sound good, but what are they about except dark fantasy? Vampires? Werewolves? Magic? Fill in some details and the names of all the books. I would like to try them out.

Vespertilio91 said:
I've never heard of these. They sound good, but what are they about except dark fantasy? Vampires? Werewolves? Magic? Fill in some details and the names of all the books. I would like to try them out.

The series is called the Women of the Otherworld or The Otherworld series and currently comprises of 6 books. The first two (Bitten and Stolen) focus on the story of a female werewolf (the only female infact). The next two (Dime Store Magic and Industrial Magic) focus on the story of a female witch. I haven't read past the third book but I think the next books alternate from the werewolf and another witch, but her website will provide you with much more information. :)

http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/

I like some of the non-US covers. The cover art for the books in America is okay for the most part, but it's too reminiscent of the cover art for Laurell K. Hamilton's novels (a scantily-clad woman in some strange setting).

I just discovered her myself.

I just finished Bitten & Stolen. Getting ready to start the next one.

Her characters are likeable & the plots are good.

I'm working my way through these now. I started with the latest No Humans Involved because I got an advanced copy. I loved it, and went back to start the series. I didn't like Bitten as much.

I'm not too crazy about Elena as a character by herself. Add in all the other supernaturals and a good plot and I like her. Stolen was fantastic, and I can't wait to start on the next 2 witch books.

I really like when a series is created and the characters keep weaving in and out of the stories. It's a lot more interesting then just having it center around 1 character.

Back