• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

king kong

Watched King Kong today it was better than i thought it was going be,and being a big softie i cryed at the ending.

I saw it last week and thought it was a waste of time. It was boring, much too long and the actors were a disappointment.

Bah! This was the longest film ever! If they had cut it down it would have been great. I loved the end bit on the empire state building though. Was quite sad.
However if you value your butt, dont see it.

Catalyst said:
Bah! This was the longest film ever! If they had cut it down it would have been great. I loved the end bit on the empire state building though. Was quite sad.
I agree, it was much too long. I fell asleep, and my friend woke me up, after which I proceeded to fall asleep again. It's more eyecandy than a heartwrenching drama, with fanciful special effects and a carefully constructed prehistoric world of man-eating cockroaches, etc. I wouldn't really recommend it, mostly because of the length. There were several scenes that were completely irrelevent whose only purpose seemed to be to show off the infinite skill of the computer editors, graphics designers, etc.

weel i though it stunk. overrated by its reviewers. too long for no good reason. jackson tried to make it some sort of epic like lotr. if it was shorter (and with more adrian brody:eek: ) it wouldve been better.

i like the nice little Heart of Darkness reference though.

In my opinion, King Kong was terrible. Even my beloved Jack Black was as pine as my swedish desk. I, at no point, felt any emotion for anyone, cared or was vaguely interested. The part with beetles was completely unnecessary. The film was far too long, showing false confidence.

Back