• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

king kong

ruby

has anyone seen the trailers for king kong? release dates in dec,watched the trailer and i am looking forward to it even though its not usually my type of movie.and our american friends will see it first lucky them! :D

He has gotta be one of the best directors working in movies! I just am hoping he goes ahead with plans to make the Hobbit next :)

Wabbit said:
He has gotta be one of the best directors working in movies! I just am hoping he goes ahead with plans to make the Hobbit next :)
i agree with you wabbit his movies something else! :D

I had the same reaction as Wabbit. When I saw the trailer it changed my mind about seeing the movie. That and I like Adrian Brody. :)

I don't think Peter Jackson can really go wrong with King Kong but it does or should have more characterisation than LOTR and that is where we will see if he is one of the best directors around at the moment.

I heard that his next project would be The Lovely Bones and not The Hobbit. Both films I would like to see. The Lovely Bones will really show Jacksons worth. No big apes or epic battles in that for everyone to go wow at and forget the rest.

The only thing that bugs me about King Kong is the fact that Jack Black is on the cast. Other than that the movie looks killer. Hopefully Jackson will pick up The Lovely Bones and do a better job than he did with his other ghost movie, The Frighteners (yuck!). He does need to prove himself by doing something great other than an epic battle movie. I only wish Stephen King would allow him to do a 78-hour / 14 billion dollar making of The Dark Tower series.

i'm dying to see King Kong. i really like Jack Black and have always LOVED Adrien Brody. of course, Peter Jackson is great (i managed to mostly enjoy the Frighteners) . gotta see it on the big screen for sure

I saw the trailer.Jack Black serious movie....I like him as comedy better.
When I first saw the trailer and saw Jack Black I didn't think it was King Kong. We'll see how.........

Meet the Feebles, The Frighteners, Dead Alive and The Lord of the Rings trilogy were all great, so I'm easily anticipating this.

Meet the Feebles is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Hilarious stuff! The trailer for King Kong looks incredible. I can't wait to see this one.

I agree with you popsicle, Black is more of a comedy actor. Jackson really takes risks with his choices of actors, look at LoTR. When we all saw the trilogy, we had know idea who those people were (although they turned out to act pretty good.). I believe his actor ensemble of Black, Brody and Watts is a risk he's willing to take to make a good remake, so I will give both Jackson and the movie a chance.

So anybody seen it? I watched it on Wednesday when it opened, and I absolutely loved it. I has a little apprehensive at the thought of Jack Black playing a serious role, but I thought that he pulled it off brilliantly. I havn't watched any other versions, so I have nothing to compare it with, but I adore the new King Kong.

I haven't seen the movie yet but the reviews are great. Every single review that I have read has been positive and they rave about the movie.

This is one I plan to skip. Some of my earliest nightmares revolve around the original, and I've never liked that one or the other remakes. Funny, I made it through Congo ok though...no nightmares involving gorillas and barbed wire fences:rolleyes:

Back