• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Knife of Dreams

Vorian

This is most definatly an improvement on the previous 7 books (4-10), even though i've not finished it yet... has anyone else begun reading it and finished it.

my god! I didn't even knew it was out yet :O! *runs to the bookstore*

I bought it :p I just forgot that I have read all 10 books in dutch,:rolleyes: so now I'm reading it in english and thet names are quite different but I'm already getting used to it

For as far as i've read now, it is better like Vorian sayed, not as boring ^_^

finished it, much better... feel good, anouying subplots being prunned gives me a lovely calming feeling

I went to buy it today, but decided not to pay £20 and ordered it from Amazon for £12 instead, downside is that I have to wait to get it :( (I only found out that it was out yesterday)

I didn't really enjoy reading books 8 or 9, but I liked 10 (despite a lack of action). I'm really hoping Knife of Dreams gets the series back on course. It sounds like it does from people's reviews, but some of the other books have been really dire so I'm still dubious about it.

I wish he'd leave the other two prequels till after book 12, I don't want to have to wait so long for the finale....

yup, but the hardcover is worth it, i have 10 and 11 in hard back and it looks so much better on the bookshelf

I like the look of paperback better for some reason, i guess it just depense on what you like. I've bought the paperback of a book before and sold the hardback for that reason, maybe im just weird.

I finished Knife of Dreams and it was definately one of the better newer books in the series. Winter's Heart is my favorite of the last few years, though. But while KoD was a good book, I'm kind of regretting spending so much money for it. I think I should have waited for the library. Oh well it does look pretty on the bookcase anyways. :cool:

Our library has 8 copies of Knife of Dreams and I just put a hold on the book. It should be available soon with that many copies and I believe I am next in line. I look forward to reading it as the reviews on Amazon are much better than his last several in the series.

it is deffinatly a bit pricey but its a pretty book and a good read so i think over all it's well worth it

Ok, here is the big question, i have just started to read fantasy fulltime (in other words reading a book a month at least), should i invest my time in this series, i havnt bought a Wheel of Time book yet??? Is it worth the time because i have heard that books 5-11 are boring as heck and put a lot of poeple off becasue of it. Im hearing renewed confidence from reviews of Jordan's newest book in the series though. Should i start this series, or pick up something else. Thanks

it's worth it to get them through your local library and to own books 1,2,3,4,10 and 11

11 being Knife of Dreams

I enjoyed all 10 books although books 8, 9, and 10 were not as enjoyable as the others in the series. Each person has different tates but I recommend the Wheel of Time for those interested in Fantasy reading. :) I prefer getting my copies through the library though.

Why i ask is i have this disease where i have to buy the books so that they are in my collection, i can't just go to the library and then read and take back. It's a disease i tell you.

muggle said:
I enjoyed all 10 books although books 8, 9, and 10 were not as enjoyable as the others in the series. Each person has different tates but I recommend the Wheel of Time for those interested in Fantasy reading. :) I prefer getting my copies through the library though.

I agree - the WHOLE series is worth owning. Yes, he loses the plot so to speak upon occasion, and some story lines have more interest than others but there is more than enough good stuff in this series to keep you entertained, if not enthralled, in my opinion.
(Ducks while Jordan haters throw rotten fruit & vegetables, & the occasional house brick)

Spineshank said:
Ok, here is the big question, i have just started to read fantasy fulltime (in other words reading a book a month at least), should i invest my time in this series, i havnt bought a Wheel of Time book yet??? Is it worth the time because i have heard that books 5-11 are boring as heck and put a lot of poeple off becasue of it. Im hearing renewed confidence from reviews of Jordan's newest book in the series though. Should i start this series, or pick up something else. Thanks

Save yourself a lot of frustration and forget you ever heard of this series.

Maybe we should re-name this series to "Wheel of Seinfeld", it's a series about nothing. Man, 700 plus pages and just about nothing happened:mad:

Back